+ Follow This Topic

Thread: First real relationship, and it's hard

KJA is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

First real relationship, and it's hard

So I met this girl (who I've been seeing since) 3 months ago.

Our relationship has been limited by the fact that we live so far apart, and can only afford to meet up once a month. We make do by chatting on skype as frequently as often.

Whilst I love what we have and couldn't bear to be without it right now, my usual worrying self is struggling.

She's 2 years older, which equals much more experience. Not a massive problem, but intimidating all the same.

I've asked her to start going out with me. She's said no, and has told me she just wants to take it slow. I'm happy to, but am worried about a deeperreason for this.

She has many male friends, and talks to a few (very slightly) famous people. Whilst I trust her, I know she could do much better, and this makes me a little jealous. I try not to be, but... I know there are people who can give her what I can't. (As in they actually live near her for a start)

So yeah, those are some things I worry about. I'm probably being stupid, and sorry if I am, but I'd love if someone with more exprerience could comment or advise ^_^

Users Country Flag
    Read through rules. Apparently I'm supposed to tell you guys I'm 18. Any expansion or whatever needed, just ask

Do you so far feel like it's a one-sided relationship? Do you give her a lot of compliments and attention? She might be using you to boost her self-confidence.
    And how often have you seen each other? Like three times? Would be good if you could tell us what you've done together, and what kind of physical signs she have given you.

Quote Originally Posted by KJA View Post
    I've asked her to start going out with me. She's said no, and has told me she just wants to take it slow.
    This does not make sense. You are either in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship where you are 'going out' together or you are not.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sythmod View Post
    Do you so far feel like it's a one-sided relationship? Do you give her a lot of compliments and attention? She might be using you to boost her self-confidence.
    And how often have you seen each other? Like three times? Would be good if you could tell us what you've done together, and what kind of physical signs she have given you.
    No definitely not one-sided. We used to video chat for at least an hour a day on skype, which decreased recently. Recently she's been calling me on the phone spontaniously actually, and skype time's been going up (1hr 30 today). It just hurts when it's at the bottom of the fluctuation. She's gorgeous and I tell her (not that she believes me).
    I've met her 3 times, and we've just gone around the city (mine or hers), with lots of cuddles and kisses. She lost hours recently, so now can't afford it, but a while ago suggested getting a hotel in a city nearby me. Also, we're going to an event soon which involves staying in a hostel with friends, and she wants to go back there for a little bit in the evening, so I dunno if she's expecting anything there.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    This does not make sense. You are either in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship where you are 'going out' together or you are not.
    Well we're "seeing each other", but not going out. I get the impression she has issues with a past boyfriend (restraining order against him) which may be affecting it. Or maybe the age gap makes it hard for her to accept? I dunno. I just worry that if I were someone else, we might be going out already (if that makes sense?)

I should also mentioned that I was worried that I was too eager to talk to her today, and she told me I was being stupid and she didn't mind.

Think I fitted everything in there :L
    Last edited by KJA; 14-05-12 at 05:20 AM.

Thanks for your post

Thanks for your post

Let's just be real....there is no relationship here. You've only met her 3 times? This is not healthy to live so far apart while maintaining normal communication. Love is based on intimate physical and emotiNal Interaction, so please find someone you like nearby
    Last edited by surfhb; 14-05-12 at 10:28 PM.