+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Too Shy.

Too Shy.

Alright, there's this guy I like who's on my swim team. I've known him since forth grade but haven't actually started liking him till now. This year instead of teasing him like the rest of the girls in our lanes do I was nice. I felt bad for him because he's the only guy in our group. Then the girls started making up things like, "You guys are going to get married!" and "When's the wedding?" At first this really bothered me. Then I gave up on trying to get them to shut up and ignored them instead.

These last two months I realized that I really do like him but the only problem is that I have no guy expirence whatsoever and I'm way to shy to even talk to him. Let alone tell him I like him. There have been people saying that this guy likes me back but I'm not to sure and I don't want to make a fool of myself.

If you really like he bold say it

I wish I could. But I always chicken out. I'm a extremely shy girl who's never dated anyone. I have absolutely no idea what to say or how to start the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by SwimGirl99 View Post
    I wish I could. But I always chicken out. I'm a extremely shy girl who's never dated anyone. I have absolutely no idea what to say or how to start the conversation.
    Why don't you ask him to help you with something that has to do with swimming and go from there? I don't know the specifics of your sport but in soccer (which i use to play often) i'd pretend i dont' know how to properly trap the ball and i'd ask a girl to help me out. After that you just switch the conversation to something else and boom you're talking and everything else will flow from there.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Not really much he could help me with. Swim is a solo sport where you work on technique. And now that the summer season started he moved up because he reached a certain age and I'm a few months behind. Now he's all the way on the other side of the pool...

Not really much he could help me with. Swim is a solo sport where you work on technique. And now that the summer season started he moved up because he reached a certain age and I'm a few months behind. Now he's all the way on the other side of the pool...
    Since you said you're shy that was the only thing i could think of that wouldn't require too much effort. If you know anything else he's interested in, you could start talking about that and maybe he'd pick up that you're into him.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Everyone starts from the point where they've never asked anyone out. Just imagine this scenario: you ask him out, he says yes, and he turns out to be THE ONE,the only love of your life. BUT it doesn't happen because you were being a shy little girlie. Get a grip, be brave. What's the worst that can happen? He turns you down. Well being rejected happens in life. It won't kill you. But at least you will know where you are. Once upon a time you didn't know how to swim. Now you do. At the moment you don't know how to ask somebody out. Learn.

Thanks for your post

Thanks Bosdevie, that helps a lot!