+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 11th hour long distance....

11th hour long distance....

I tend to make things pretty wordy, so will try to make this short and sweet!

I am currently in graduate school and am 25 years old. To keep with brevity, i will say that it started with this girl from the first few days. I was instantly attracted to her, as were most guys in the program. It seemed like for everyone it was based mostly upon her looks, but for me, the more i got to know her, the closer i got to her, i saw past her looks; they became a non-factor. i saw her as someone i could see myself dating simply because we were so similar. we liked the same things, had the same awkward unique sense of humor, and just generally felt happy around each other....more so than around anyone else. we felt like we could be ourselves around each other, feeling accepted and relaxed around the other. we became each other's rock and best friends. the thing is that these feelings were never really verbally expressed....until the last night of the first year of school....

everyone went out, we all were trying to have a good time before having to say goodbye for the summer. i felt this was now or never time, so i caught her in between conversations and simply said "would it be awkward if i told you i like you?" her reaction was priceless. (FYI it was the beginning of the night, so neither of us were under the influence). she just had this huge smile on her face. we went back and forth telling each other how much we cared about each other and how neither of us could imagine being in the program without the other one there. she even said that i was the only guy (out of about 50) in the program that she "actually gives a s#*% about". we both went back and forth saying how much we liked being around the other and how happy we were about talking about it. i even tried confirming it a few days later and got the same reaction, relieving my fears that it all could have been influenced by alcohol.

her and i have spoken before about how bad her last relationship was and how its taking her a while to get over it. i told her i would wait for her to be comfortable before we do anything. aside from that, there hasn't been much other speak about this.....which has left me at the position i am in now. i am currently moved back into my parents house until i find an internship for the summer and she is in texas with her family and for her internship.

my problem is in terms of the type of communication I should have, more specifically on the grounds of when to ask to see if she would be ok with me visiting her at some point in the summer in texas. it has only been about 9 days since i have seen her last, but i have been thinking about her non-stop. i want to talk to her every chance i can get, but am keeping myself in check from being too pushy and forcing the issue (even though she told me that night that she wants to talk to me as much as possible too), which i feel would scare her away. i have become very frustrated about what to do. i have heard from my friends to just wait and "do your thing" for the summer and come back the next school year and get things going from where we ended off. they have all agreed that offering to visit her is a good idea, so thats not an issue.

i was wondering if anyone had any advice as to what i should do. i have never been in a position even remotely close to this so i am at a loss.

i really feel something different with this girl compared to the ones in my past. i feel like things could really blossom with her; every time i think about it i just feel so happy. so, again, any type of advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you all in advance.

if you need any clarifying questions answered, i will be more than happy to do so.

So far all you have done is spoken to her and yet it sounds like you are already going all romantic. Get a grip. You barely know this woman and she is 11 hours away so do you really think this is going to work?

So far all you have done is spoken to her and yet it sounds like you are already going all romantic. Get a grip. You barely know this woman and she is 11 hours away so do you really think this is going to work?

i don't know if i missed writing it in the initial post, but there are a few things i think i should clarify. i have known her since last august (about 10 months) and we got extremely close the past 2 months, this separation is for about 3 months then we are back together for another 9 or 10 months, and she is in texas for those 3 months, which is about a 4 hr plane ride away from me.

when i said 11th hour in the title i meant it as the last night we all had together was last possible moment to say something to her. sorry if it was sorta cryptic.

seriously, i really feel that if i were to have said something earlier, this whole thing may have been different. but, i didn't and here i am.

and yes, i really do think this could work if i do things correctly. this is why i created this thread

This will not work. You haven't even so much as kissed her. Move on. Find another girl and make a move early.