+ Follow This Topic

Thread: why would he do this?

why would he do this?

hi,i have been a member for awhile and i could really use some advice about a guy i met for 8 months ago.At first i didn`t really notice him but then he did something really hilarious fun with his face and i laughed in a nice way because i thought it was so cute and innocent .i really liked it about him and whenever he came to my work i would give him my best smiles and he responded with giving me long stares and heartly smiles.he touched my hands a couple of times and he is always doing silly things like using cantonese phrases to make me smile and we have a strong physical chemistry and i could hear the sparkles between us. we just stares at eachother and i could tell he really likes me but he never asked me out and i felt a bit dissappointed.but lately he distanced himself from me and i rarely see him smiles but he still looks at me but with a sad look.so i decided to make a move and i found his number and i asked him out.he waited three days before he responded with a short sms.he says he is flattered but he can`t because he has a girlfriend.i cried a bit and felt so dumb for falling for him so fast.but im fine now after one day but im so puzzled by his behaviour and i need some kind of perspective of this.by the way this happened for three days ago.i wished we could talk face to face but i don`t not sure he willl come by anymore.i feel weird and confused.any advice or comforting word,please?

abbi

Well basically... He liked you too, but probably wants to be faithful and not cheat on his girlfriend. That's most likely why he has withdrawn a bit.

I felt the same thing... I would see a girl I liked and felt that electric feeling between her and I, but I was in a relationship so I knew I couldn't pursue it beyond just flirting

There was probably some trouble in his relationship with his GF so he shifted his attention to you because there was potential if anything were to happen. What he did was wrong, but you did the right thing. Don't ever kick yourself for taking a risk like that. Life would be at a standstill if you didn't. Hats off to you for your effort, and don't let this deter you from doing it again, because next time he may say yes!

thanks for the quick reply and i must say that this my first time ever asking out a guy and i really thought he wanted to be with me.i really appreciate the nice words and i feel a bit better now.i have like no experience with guys at all.he is really a gentleman and i can`t be mad at him either because of his sad face.

No worries.....if things don't work out with him and his GF you will the first person he is going to want to ask out.