+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sure but...unsure?

Sure but...unsure?

Hey guys, probably unusual to have a guy ask a guy questions here haha but I'll give it a shot.

In January, I met an amazing woman. I am in a relationship with someone else. But I cheated on my gf with this woman for 6 months. It wasnt something I was looking for, it all just happened. But...her and I stopped. I have 2 kids from a previous marriage. My girlfriend does as well. We don't have Kids together. We have been together for 2 years, living together for one of them.

Problem I have...I still like this woman, but told her we needed to stop Because I'm very attached to my gf kids. And I can't give that up and should Be more dedicated to my gf and family. She understood, and agreed it Needed to stop but doesnt agree with my reason to stay for the kids. She respects My decision though and says she will always be my friend.

Reason: I'm not always happy with my gf. She is miserable a lot, always asking if I'm texting other girls or hinting of cheating. Which happened, yes, but She acted this way even long before I cheated. She even tells me who she doesnt Want me to text. She was cheated on by her ex husband but im told by friends that She will never trust me regardless what I do because she never took the time to heal.

Am I going to regret staying with my gf for the kids later? Is it wrong to stay for the kids even if they are not mine and I'm not entirely happy? I still want to be close friends with this other woman because she Is my friend regardless. I love her personality. I find her amazing!! But my gf won't even Allow me to text with other people if they are women. She has to check all messages. I never cheated on her before and tried so hard to prove it but...got tired trying I guess...and did. And now I'm torn.

Thanks for your post

Ugh.

Yeah, she probably wont ever trust anyone entirely ...
    Trust is like a piece of paper, once screwed up, it can never be the same.

I can see why you have such a dilemma. What I would do, is look at the pros & cons ...
    Who has more pros ? (I suspect it'd your GF rather than that woman)

Or just keep the relationship going with both women !

You should break up with your gf. You are not in love with her and there are clearly trust issues in your relationship. She deserves to be with a man that loves her. Her kids will gain nothing good from having a man who is deceiving their mother in their lives.