+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wife about to cheat, what to do

ok. the cellphone user(the man) just suffered from a momentary lapse of judgement, and will probably never use his phone while driving again, whereas , the drunk driver(the woman) cant help herself, because they probably have a drink problem, therefore is an addict, and will probably do it again if left unchecked. so while you are still dead, both situations are completley different, much like the difference between a man and a woman cheating. one is likely to happen again and again, while the other was probably a one off. i rest my case

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Or, put another way, the addict (the woman) can't help herself. But the guy made a *choice* to use his phone. Seems to me the person who had a choice has less reason to explain his behaviour.

It was a poor example. Both are terrible behaviour and you can't dismiss either one, IMO. The guy does not get off any easier than the woman b/c it was 'just sex'. What if he brought home an STD, or worse?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

yeah , it was a poor example, but dont beat yourself up over it.

out of interest, what can the man bring home thats worse than an std?

to be honest, none of this is helping this poor man , whose wife is about to be ridden like a derby winner. even if in your opinion, he "deserves" it.

if i was him, i would confiscate his wifes phone and restrict her internet access. i would also find this cassanova and crack his jaw.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A kid. Or a deadly disease like HIV.

Its true, two wrongs don't make a right, but he's not going to be able to convince her by trying to take a moral high road or an aggressive position. He lost that argument when he cheated. He needs to appeal to *her* morals and, perhaps, tell her from his own perspective that cheating isn't worth it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

yeah, he could try the moral thing, but i still think my denial of communication equipment and a kick in the balls for don jaun will get the job done quicker. sometimes a situation goes beyond talk and reasoning. his wife will probably see him in a different light if he takes the bull by the horns and becomes the alpha male that shes after.

even if his wife does eventually sleep with this home wrecker, at least the dude will have the satisfaction of knowing he gave him a dry slap and can tell it as an amusing antedote in the pub after.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaninnocentma View Post
    Its not the same thing Indi. when a man cheats its usually just sexual, but when a woman cheats its usually all about wanting more attention and cuddles etc. most women dont even like sex, they just do it to get a new washing machine or a new hoover. hope i cleared things up for you.
    Men and women cheat for the same reasons, although those reasons are always based on the individual circumstances. Women don't always cheat to get money (or applinaces, wtf??) and men don't always cheat for sex. Having been on this forum for over 8 years I've countless threads about cheating, and rarely is it just sex or money involved. Oh and btw I have yet to meet a woman that "doesn't really like sex", are you kidding me? If we don't enjoy sex, it's usually because our partner sucks.

If anything, I would think a guy like you would be the one cheating to get a new washing machine, since you keep telling us you are your girlfriend's little housewife.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12