+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do *you* think about this love?

What do *you* think about this love?

Hey guys and especially girls,
    I appreciate everyone's opinion about this to be post down below as long if you read completely and made some thoughts about it. For that sake I try to keep it short, yet informative.

I've been a depressive (now 19yo) nerd and turtling at home for several years, very rarely going out, only really having social contact at school and soccer. I tried to break out of this for several times, but couldn't manage to. When I already stood at the edge of a bridge I knew I had to make at least one last try, and really jump over my shadows this time. Then I went out on new year's eve and we got to a (now 18yo) girl's house, who I one week later met again and we started to attract each other really fast. It kinda went from there, to my surprise I didn't mess up anything right away. I don't want to narrate the whole story, however the outcome after 4 months was my feelings never stopped rising, and I'm sure I don't just like her because I didn't manage to get any other in 19 years, but because she really has everything and even more than that i could ever imagine a dream girl having.

But what went wrong?

After avoiding contact for almost the last 2 weeks, we finally got to speak and she broke up, because she thinks we're too different. Basically she meant we went out too little. And she is right, while I went out more than before I've stood at the bridge (which is not hard) it still was below average. I counted 8-12 things we did outside of our homes in about 18 weeks (we only live 2 kms away from each other). That's of course too little. The tragic thing is i realized that myself about 1-2 days before she started avoiding contact and I really would have loved to do much more action with her, but didn't get the chance anymore. And she also told me at break up day that she got frustrated when I refused to take on any of her proposals on what to do. While that was only 2-3 times I can still see that rejection gets you frustrated very fast and you don't try anymore making proposals and only hope that it changes (early enough).
    So she said she bottled up all this and now lost feelings for me cause we weren't doing enough together.

After being very down for 2 days, now i plan to get her back. I plan to let some time without contact past and let her see via facebook (so no personal contact) that I'm enjoying life and doing what I meant to do with her anyways. The plan is to turn the tides by getting her to the point where she wants me back.

Unsorted stuff:
    -I know why she left
    -I managed to give a dignified farewell cause I love her so much I just want her to be happy, even if that means without me
    -We never had any other problems/arguements
    EDIT:-We met like 2-4 times a week but most of the time just sat at our parent's houses instead of doing something exciting outside

How do you think my chances are to get my girl's feelings back? And do you have any other advice and suggestions about maximizing this chance? And let me know if i missed out on something important

Looking forward to your opinions, Hernandez
    Last edited by hernandez; 16-05-12 at 01:28 AM.

Were you ever actually dating? If you refused to see her several times in the very early dating phase, then she felt rejected and lost interest. It's pretty much game over at that point.

I wouldn't even wait for time without contact, I'd take my balls out of my sock drawer and call this girl right now and tell her we should go out for coffee. Admit to being a bit of a bonehead and tell her you're attracted to her.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Hey Cerby, I knew I forgot something. We met like 2-4 times a week but we just rested at our parent's houses most of the time. When I said I refused to do sth. it was us both sitting around together and thinking about what to do, and when she finally once made the proposal to go swimming I was too lazy and refused, cause I wasn't feeling comfortable enough back then (and there were 1-2 similar pretty incidents). I'm so disappointed of myself that not even this so adorable woman made me stop being such a sociopathic jerk at once...

EDIT: And like I said, she told me she lost her feelings for me cause I didnt change in time. While I didn't try to force her to give me a second chance to change here and now, cause I've been a huge retard, I still asked her and she didn't agree. So I don't think trying harder in this fashion right now would accomplish anything.
    Last edited by hernandez; 16-05-12 at 01:42 AM.

Do you want to come in the

A breakup often occurs because a person feels unfulfilled or complacent. She is going to want to see that you have made some change. Think about the reasons she broke up with you and
    your part in the breakup. Once you discover the reasons and your part in it then begin making changes so that she notices them. There were things she attracted her to you in the beginning
    so begin focusing on portraying those.

All the best,

Josh

At the same time, and her personal problems, not put my stress level is greatly reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by maria178 View Post
    At the same time, and her personal problems, not put my stress level is greatly reduced.
    Even the bots are made in China. They're English words put in some cryptic order that makes no sense.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

That's good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Even the bots are made in China. They're English words put in some cryptic order that makes no sense.
    Thought the same, yet it's no use to go offtopic like this.