+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Once you love someone

Once you love someone

There is a saying that it is better to have/be loved and lost than to not loved at all. Why is it so?

Once you love someone, does it ever go away?

I have really hard time forgetting people who have been in my life for some significant time. I just can't let go of people, like I am incapable.
    Don't expect anything.

I think it's better to not love at all.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's hard to imagine a life having any meaning at all if you never love anyone else...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    It's hard to imagine a life having any meaning at all if you never love anyone else...
    That is odd because I know plenty of people who have never loved due to life circumstances. Although, yes, they are kind of different at certain aspects.

As for me, its like eating me alive, I can not concentrate on anything right now. I am thinking if I can ever find someone like her ever, from now on it will be downfall path, only substitutes. Been hanging with this chick for 2 years now, fastly started relationship ended six months ago, there were some odd times, fwb etc, and in that period I have learned to truly love and respect her. She shows mixed signals, like she really likes being with me, but never in a direct way. And now she suddenly just dissapeared after wishing me happy birthday.
    Last edited by boobaa; 18-05-12 at 03:32 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

Not sure what to tell you. Loving and being loved is the best feeling ever, no matter how it ends, you'll always have great memories and it affects you as a person, in any case. But it seems like, though I'm a hopeless optimist, sometimes it's better to face things as they are, accept them and move on.

I guess the best advice I can give you is: If someone is not thinking about you as much as you're thinking about them, if they're not putting any effort to be around you, or anything that would mean that they care about you as much as you care about them, just move on. Leave those people in the past, as hard as it might be, and try to meet new, better people. You deserve it

Just because someone isn't a part of your life anymore, doesn't mean the good times weren't good.

We all hurt and we all die. Love is love, is love. It is your choice whether or not to move on and to heal as time will so often do for us, or you can choose to be stuck in the past. The future is waiting for you with new faces and open hearts. The longer you stay where you are the more consumed you will be by this woman and that is never a healthy place to stay. Open your mind to change and relax.. The hurt will pass, but enjoy it while it's there. Pain is a sign of life, not death.

Well, from where I am now I can say that I feel as if its better not to love at all.
    But, I don't know, must people do find love again after a big break up, so we can try to keep it optimistic..?

I think that love is amazing, but you should keep it realistic.
    I fell inlove where there was no way for it to work, so I do think it was just lost with out any gain..
    http://nocastnoshadow.blogspot.com/