+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If She Proposed?

If She Proposed?

Hello, fellas, how would you feel if your girl proposed to you? I am thinking of doing it in a few months. The reason I want to is b/c he would have already done it, before now, but I was a lil' shaky on the idea of marriage. Now, I've had time to think about it, and further know that I want him to be the one that I cross that, and many other bridges with. I think if I do it, I'll be showing that I'm ready for it, but also, I don't want to steal his chance.

What do you guys think? Honest opinions. Thanks.

yeah its a risky business , a woman proposing. you run the risk of demasculating him. if my girl proposed to me i would run a mile. but then again, i dont really like her, so maybe youll be fine.

Haha

Well, thanks for the honest opinion. He has already talked about it, and I said (more or less,) that I would had run a mile. Lol. But things have changed, so perhaps...we'll see. I may just make it known to him that I want to get married before our family dies...that sounds bad, but well, it is what it is. Lol. He wants it more than I do, I think. Thanks though dude.

Maybe as a topic of discussion, but a formal proposal, nah.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

If you're afraid of making it an issue, why not just tell him you're no longer opposed to the idea?

I like that idea, and the others. I think y'all are right...I don't want to "steal his thunder," and I'd be afraid that he may want to do it, or plan something special (I hope,). The last thing I would want to do is embarrass him. I think part of him not having done it yet, (as well as my having been shaky prior,) is that he thinks he must get a super nice, super pricy engagement ring. How can I lead him into knowing that I don't have to have something "SO" dang pricy? I'm happy with something MUCH less expensive than the really pricy pricy ones. ???

Try honest and direct communication. Just tell him that you don't care if you two have a big fancy wedding, or if you have a ceremony at the courthouse with a Justice of the Peace, or something in between - just that you spend the rest of your life with him.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaninnocentma View Post
    yeah its a risky business , a woman proposing. you run the risk of demasculating him. if my girl proposed to me i would run a mile. but then again, i dont really like her, so maybe youll be fine.
    Why do you think so? What is demasculating about her doing the proposing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpacj View Post
    Why do you think so? What is demasculating about her doing the proposing?
    It blurring the gender roles in my opinion. How would she feel if he started doing the dishes and making the dinner? Its a mans job to propose, always has been. Any woman that even considers it, is taking feminism too far and is a ball hair away from being a lesbian.

It blurring the gender roles in my opinion. How would she feel if he started doing the dishes and making the dinner? Its a mans job to propose, always has been. Any woman that even considers it, is taking feminism too far and is a ball hair away from being a lesbian.
    I love it when my hubby does the dishes, and even though he rarely cooks, he often helps out by doing my prep work. I also have a magnet that says " no husband had ever been shot while doing the dishes" and it's true. Also, considering you let your woman provide for you, I don't think you have much right to bring up gender roles...
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    I love it when my hubby does the dishes, and even though he rarely cooks, he often helps out by doing my prep work. I also have a magnet that says " no husband had ever been shot while doing the dishes" and it's true. Also, considering you let your woman provide for you, I don't think you have much right to bring up gender roles...
    yeah, i totally agree with you. Its not normal for a man to stay home and raise 2 cats. Maybe when their a little older i can find some part time work. I have discussed this with my gf but she says if i go to work and she has to quit her jobs and look after the cats, she will go crazy.

it is amazing

bumb ubm!

yeah, i totally agree with you. Its not normal for a man to stay home and raise 2 cats. Maybe when their a little older i can find some part time work. I have discussed this with my gf but she says if i go to work and she has to quit her jobs and look after the cats, she will go crazy.
    They're cats! They do not need constant supervision. If you find cats to be such hard work, NEVER have children!!
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

the problem is if we leave the cats alone, they chew all the wires for the tv, so someone has to watch them 24/24 otherwise the tv will be fckd, and its not our tv, its a rental. As for having children, that wont be a prob. A few years ago a golf ball hit me on the left ball and left me important. I think its why i spoil the cats so much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast