+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Asking her to merry me?

Asking her to merry me?

Hello,id like to ask if its a good idea what im gonna do...or lets say the way how im gonna do it?

Im for some time (doesnt matter how long in this case) with my gf,and ive already met her father and he really likes me.(they are divorced)Im having a family "party" tomorow with her whole family,and theyve never met me before.And to my point...im planing to ask her to marry me.In front of her whole family.Ill let them know me first and after ill ask her.(In fact,she doesnt care about others,even for her family,she just need to be sure that im serious)...and no,shes not after money or so.

I want to show to them by this act,that i really love her and it might be better than some endless interwiev with them...at least i think so.So i wanna ask...what do you think about it?Is it a good idea?Or is it a total madness to rush like this?Even if asking for a hand doesnt have to mean a marriage in less then a year?

Dont rush it. Meet the family. Let them get to know you. Propose at the next family party, or elsewhere, but plan it out.

How old are you two? And yes, it is important: for how long have you two been in a relationship? Do you live together?

I admit and i know that its too soon,but i also know...and now im not sure if ill rather let this happen or rush it...that i will lower the feelings i have to her in her eyes,the great dissapointment(cos she was dissapointed many times in her life and she sees this act as something that will guarantee her my eternal love)...Might be a better decision to wait more and as the time will go by,it will appear as the best decision but at the same time it might be a disaster.

But anyway...shes awaiting me to ask her...and thats not right...its making me feel like shes asking me and im only doing the office job...im a man and i should ask her...even if she will be angry and dissapointed...or not???

Please answer Searocks questions?

Quote Originally Posted by LdFilip View Post
    I admit and i know that its too soon
    If you know it's too soon then why are you asking her? Don't let her pressure you into doing something you're not ready to do.

Also, I've never asked anyone to marry me before, but if I did I wouldn't do it in front of a large group of people. It really puts a lot of pressure on the girl to say yes. And what if she says no? There's an awkward moment. Anyways, that's just my take. I know there still lots of guys that propose at sporting events and what not (does anyone still think that's romantic?) but it's just not for me.

I love watching those jack asses getting turned down at sporting events....serves em right.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    I love watching those jack asses getting turned down at sporting events....serves em right.
    jeez, the tv must be bad where you live if thats what you love watching. i think its romantic to ask in front of a large crowd of strangers. any woman that says no to that isnt worth it. it takes a lot of arranging.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaninnocentma View Post
    jeez, the tv must be bad where you live if thats what you love watching. i think its romantic to ask in front of a large crowd of strangers. any woman that says no to that isnt worth it. it takes a lot of arranging.
    The OP seems to be intent on making some grand gesture. He is an idiot. Marry in haste, repent at leisure.

Take this from a girl's point of view: My ex boyfriend asked me to marry him after a 2-year relationship, but he also didnt think it through so instead of being a great thing, it turned out to be just a nice gesture because neither of us wanted that kind of commitment at the time. I'm sure she knows how much you love her, you dont need to buy a ring to make a commitment to be there for here at all times. The little things are usually the ones that really count

Quote Originally Posted by iamaninnocentma View Post
    Lol....Ill go ahead and assume you are a guy? Yeah....so romantic on the jumbotron in Cleveland stadium! Yeah....and no pressure either darlin!

to be honest, 99% of women should just be grateful that someone is daft enough to ask them and take them off the streets. its sure that the ops gfs family will be ecstatic thats shes found someone gullible enough to take her on.

remember ladies, there is 7 women to every man in the world. so next time someone asks you , just say yes. even if it is half time entertainment for 50,000 overwieght racists.