+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hero to Zero

Hero to Zero

Hi all,

Yup, a newbie. Looking for advice, help, guidance really. My story is as below:

My G/F recently broke up with me, around 6 weeks back. We live nearly 200 miles apart, but always made the effort to see eachother every weekend. Things were good, in fact, they were great. A year together, holidays, meeting the family, new years, friends weddings, the lot. She is a mother of 3, I'm 30, she's 27.

Of course from day one, we had talked about one of us ultimately having to move if it were to become serious. Well it did, and I took to her kids like anything. Her kids took to me too. It knocked me for 6 when she called time on us recently, and I've been confused, broken and in need of a pick me up since. Of course, as you shouldn't do, I asked why, and tried to make sense of it all. Her reason, that she couldn't move her and the kids down, when it would be so much easier for me to relocate. Too many daily obstacles. Of course, and I've told her since, if that was the main reason, ultimately, I would do it. Things were very promising, we were thinking about getting engaged towards the end of this year, as the connection was great and everything seemed to fit into place. That feeling you get when you've think you've met that special person, it's there. Believe me I've had many relationships in the past, but this one, even after only a year, stood out.

6 weeks on, and finally, yesterday, I took the decision to say I think it's time I stopped asking why, and she knows where I'll be, if she wants to talk. I still don't know if she feels anything anymore, as contact after the break up has been scarce. I've had the I miss you messages, I've had the I called to say hi, but it hasn't led to any reconciliation, or meetings. For me, I'm now forcing myself to not contact, (which I know I should have done a long time ago) to try and move on, even though I still love her very much, and miss her kids too.

It's baffling, and I don't see any logical reason behind it, as I thought a stable home would be what she was looking for, with the happiness we shared. Even the day I saw her last, things were great, and the few days before it.

I know you will all say don't contact, heal the pains, and forget about her, but it's still not easy. We shared a lot of other things which I won't get into, so it's hard to let go. I hope in time she realises that I only ever wanted to make her and her kids happy.

Tough times, and it's hard to forget.

Thanks for any advice...

ED

Quote Originally Posted by edtheduck View Post
    Hi all,
    I know you will all say don't contact, heal the pains, and forget about her, but it's still not easy. We shared a lot of other things which I won't get into, so it's hard to let go. I hope in time she realises that I only ever wanted to make her and her kids happy.

Tough times, and it's hard to forget.

Thanks for any advice...

ED
    What I like most about Hero Zero is that the in game coins are much useful compared to other browser games.

You're doing everything right, it's not easy! Think of it. As a lucky escape not having to finance someone elses kids.
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"