+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How Did You Break It off.

How Did You Break It off.

I thought id start this thread to get to let people share there experiances of eithere breaking it off or being dumped. Its a chance to share any advice and help any one who may need it.

The focus is on what you said or how you actually broke it off?????

i was with a guy for about 3 years, i wasnt in the relationship anymore emotionally and wanted somebody else, i told him but he just wouldnt accept it. i told him i didnt love him anymore and i wanted to be with somebody else, he just ignored it and pretended like i hadnt said anything, i had to really break his heart to get through to him, but he STILL wouldnt accept it, he wanted to hold hands all the time etc i wanted to be friends with him afterwards, but in the end he annoyed me so much i couldnt stay friends with him at all, even occasionally speaking, and havnt spoken to him in over a year, which is sad really, we could of been good friends.

Since my breakup is so different it will not be of any help. So this is what I would say if I were you.

"We have been dating for a couple of months now and I have to tell you that I have had a good time (emphasis on past tense with the "had") and really enjoyed getting to know you.

Things for me are shifting right now and as much as I appreciate you as a person and think you are wonderful, I am just not prepared to be your boyfriend right now.

You deserve to have a guy who is totally ready to appreciate all that you bring to a relationship and right now I am not that guy. I have some things that I still need to see and do and I am just not ready for this commitment.

I am not wanting to hurt you and I don't want to lead you on and I am sorry if this comes as a shock to you. You are great and I am sorry that I am not the right guy for you right now."

She will probably cry and ask why....this is the hard part because you just want it to be over with, but you need to answer all her questions and not be mean about it. Just because you want out doesn't give you license to destroy her heart.

So reassure her that it isn't another woman, and that it isn't anything that she did. Be kind but firm and don't agree to continue to try to work things out.

You can do it, it has been done lots of times before.

Your right

I pushed my former GF down the stairs...I think that ended it. hrmhehehe..the way she tumbled down the stairs..hehehehe..hrm...I mean..it was an accident.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."