+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I'm madly in love with a girl I met online, dont know what to do.

Just realizing how in the past i use to be much like meh (always caring to an extreme, romantic, believer in true love, trying to make something out of nothing)and i don't know if i'd never want to go back to those days as i felt like shit for a long time. You can make a case that it's about quality of life not quantity and that's something i believe in too, although in this poster's case there was nothing that would suggest he's thinking clearly. It seemed like a clear fantasy right from the beginning and that's the main point of all this.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

You have some serious reading comprehension issues. I never told him to "pack up and rescue the damsel". I just told the guy to think for himself, to talk to her about it (which, coincidentally, is how he got to the bottom of things) and to think about how their relationship could work out in the future. You, on the other hand, seem to be in the habit of telling everyone to break it off. I guess sometimes that makes you right. It also makes you a dipshit.
    .. and you Mr. need to read between the lines and not give out what the Op wants to hear when hearing what he wants is NOT IN HIS/HER BEST INTERESTS. I didn't say you told him to "pack up and rescue the damsel" I said you would have him do that if he could when doing so would be the biggest mistake he ever made in his life because this was a case of online obsession, clearly love had zero to do with anything Sorry, but your advise in this case didn't apply to the Op but rather to your own experience.
    I don't think YOU are a dipshit, hell I don't even know you but I do think, in this instance your advice was dipshitty.

Peace. No harm in agreeing to disagree as far as I'm concerned.

To add:
    although in this poster's case there was nothing that would suggest he's thinking clearly. It seemed like a clear fantasy right from the beginning and that's the main point of all this.
    Yes, agree. It was totally clear from the beginning.

Good luck, Gazzer. Stay strong.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 26-05-12 at 04:34 AM.

She added me to FB under a different account and recorded a video message begging me to take her back and threatening to cut herself and watch herself bleed, but I stayed calm and didn't let it get to me, I told her she needs help and I simply cant offer it to her. I told her I just want her to be happy, and most importantly to be safe. I just cant deal with it, I just hope what she said isn't true because if she really does start cutting herself again I wouldn't be able to handle that. But then I guess i'll never know now.

Yes, u r right that u guys are in long distance relationships do not work all the time but for who it does it actually is true love n in your case yes u have a lot of insecurities like any other teenager so think about all that you can handle at once i mean your career and love life, then prioritize them so you can some to a firm decision, but truly u already have confessed your love to each other as you made plans together, so if you leave this now thn it wud also break both of your hearts and maybe not doing so will let you away from an oppotunity to meet sumone frm near by.
    And after all evry body meets thr true atlst once in life so its on yu now wat yu want, love online really asks for so much more than you can ever think, as thr is no physical thing involved nad you can also not get invloved with some other girl as it wud be cheating then , and you only get some speacific timing to talk to her.
    and apart frm it you can get your self waiting for your perfct girl
    GOD bless U
    thnks

Still finding it very tough, I keep looking at her pictures and seeing how happy she is in them and just hoping she feels that way now and that shes not alone. I keep hearing her voice in my head, thinking of how she used to laugh hysterically at one of my poor jokes, saying how British I was, teasing me and telling me how much she loves me. Sharing things that only we shared. I had a dream the other night where we were together alone, there was nobody else there but me and her and we were on a beach with the most beautiful sunset i've ever seen, and everything just felt so natural and it felt like it went on for a lifetime. However we didn't say a word to eachother in the dream, we just looked at eachother and smiled, then I woke up with this euphoric feeling before realising it's just a dream and I got that sinking feeling. I dont know if that means anything, i'm no dream reader after all but I find myself going to bed every night longing for that dream to return.

I've been slowly getting back to my normal self though, i've been going out with my friends and having a laugh, not one of them knows how I feel or how I ever felt, but I guess I like that more to know that shes only somebody that I knew about. I've also been taking long walks in the evening by myself, it feels so liberating walking along on my own with the birds singing and just feeling at ease with myself and for that 30 minutes i'm out there walking alone everything just feels right and my mind is cleared from everything negative. Theres a whole world out there to explore and so many people to meet and thats whats getting me through this difficult period, some of you maybe reading this and thinking what an overreaction, but only I know how I feel. I know I will meet her again someday, but it wont be in this lifetime. And I always have my mind, nobody can take that away from me.

Well theres my update for you guys, i'll keep you updated in the next couple of weeks on how i'm progressing. I want to thank you all once again for helping me through this, as I haven't been able to talk to any of my friends and family about it so it's been really difficult. To be so in love with someone and to let them go and the only person that knows about it is me and her is hard for me to get over and i've had no emotional support, but the support you guys have given me has meant so much even though I don't know any of you beyond the realms of the internet. Thank you all and i'll keep you updated.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234