+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice Needed

Advice Needed

To start ive been in a relationship for 3 years now. We hangout often, i do dates, surprises, and trips at least once every 2 weeks. Im a romantic type of person, i feel like being romantic and seeing her happy makes me happy and I am able to get a stress free life style. We never have any problems, no fights or anything. If one of us is down say with work or family issues we are able to help each other get better fairly quickly.

But something happened recently and i just dont know what to do. She took a business trip (for a month) and usually im able to stay connected with her. But it was a busy month for me too and we lost a some contact. Id still text her in the morning and night but we really didn't talk about much. She got back and its like she didnt even miss me, its like she just forgot about me, we went out and she told me that she feels a lot more independent and how she forgot whats its like to do the whole boyfriend girlfriend thing. I told her that i really missed her and how proud i am of her for taking on such a business challenge. And i told her that it really breaks my heart that you are saying that. Its like she wanted to break up with me, and i asked if she just wanted a break from me or to even break up. She said no its not like that, she said she loves me, but i just dont feel a connection from her after she said that. She knows im hurt and shes not giving me any help or sympathy. Ive tried giving her affection and she just shuns me, she says shes not used to it and for her to give her time. That just breaks my heart, because she looks upset and she wont let me help her, i ask whats wrong and she says nothing is wrong, i smile at her and she gives me a fake smile back.. Ive tried hugging her and she just pushes me away. Im scared to hug or even kiss her.. Its like shes trying to be distant. Im not trying to be clingy but i just missed her and i want things to go back to normal.

Another thing she said is that shes realized she was like a house wife, not going out always waiting on me and that sucks because i dont agree. Ive always always wanted her to go do something, get hobbies, hangout with friends, ect. Ive never told or restricted her from doing any of that. In fact i push her to have days to her self and friend days and such. So i dont understand why she is saying that.

What should i do? I feel like i should still try and be kind and at least pretend to be happy when im around her but it just doesnt seem to work. I really want her to show me that she still cares and loves me. or should i just give this time to work its self out? Ive been thinking about being kinda mysterious so she would take interest in me, like not see her for a while but just text her, and show how much fun i can have with other people. Would this be the right thing to do or can someone help? ):

You should go out and do your own thing, but you shouldn't even text her, or tell her where you're going. If she texts you, don't respond for an hour or more, or just don't respond at all. When you go out with your friends, try to talk to other women, get their phone numbers, even go out with them. I wouldn't say you should go as far as cheating, but if you find someone you like, you should drop your girlfriend.

Your girlfriend is bored with you. Make her feel like you don't care, and she's losing you, and she'll probably come around. If not, just break up with her.

shes thru, its safe to say she will dumb you and prob meet someone else. you cant make your want to show you affection.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    You should go out and do your own thing, but you shouldn't even text her, or tell her where you're going. If she texts you, don't respond for an hour or more, or just don't respond at all. When you go out with your friends, try to talk to other women, get their phone numbers, even go out with them. I wouldn't say you should go as far as cheating, but if you find someone you like, you should drop your girlfriend.

Your girlfriend is bored with you. Make her feel like you don't care, and she's losing you, and she'll probably come around. If not, just break up with her.
    Yeah, do this, to a lesser extent though. I wouldn't go as far as dating other girls, as far as I'm concerned that's cheating. Just treat her like she's treating you. Do your own thing basically and stop worrying about her. The more you push her the more she's going to retreat. If she really loves you and still wants to be with you she'll start to miss you and come back to you. If not then it's time to break up and move on.

How old are you guys? If you're younger then this would make sense. Perhaps this trip made her realize that she missed out on her single years and wants to experience some independence before getting tied down to one guy. If that's true then I hate to say it but this relationship is probably over.

Sorry to say but it sounds like for her the relationship has run it's course, they are all classic signs...
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!