+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Asked her out. How much can I tell from her response?

Asked her out. How much can I tell from her response?

Girl I used to work with who I had a crush on for quite a while had kissed me at work drunkenly, but I told her to stop as at the time I had a girlfriend. Now a couple of months later I am single, and over the last week or so we've been texting each other quite frequently. She came out on my birthday a few days back and came out for a BBQ with me and all my friends today. When we were all walking home I walked with her part of the way to the Uni as I wanted to check something, the service I needed was closed. But I asked if I could talk to her for a couple of minutes before she went home.

I asked her if she would like to go out to eat with me sometime in the next couple of weeks, and I told her I liked her and that it was nice spending time with her over the last few days and getting to know her. She seemed a little embarrassed so I just said don't be, just be honest with me I'm just happy we had been spending time together lately. Then we said goodbye walked home separate ways.

It wasn't very smooth, a little awkward and she seemed embarrassed. She said she'd think about it and text me. We had been talking about how we might be seeing each other in town tomorrow as well for a night out. Basically I'm just curious did I catch her off guard and she may like me. Or does her response mean she probably isn�t interested.

I felt it best to get it off my chest cause if I didn't make an effort chances are we wont be seeing much of each other with term ending. One confusing thing is she knows my ex who I am still living with atm, I know it's a stupid situation but I thought I could discuss that with her if she gave me the chance. I just wanted her to know I liked her, and she knows we are broken up properly and have both moved on.

I'm really confused as to if she was oblivious of me liking her, I'd be nice to her regardless but I would have thought girls would take it was a sign of interest. Apparently a mate of mine left early on my Birthday night out saying he didn't want to make me upset on my birthday knowing I like her, but I didn't really know what happened between them. I was a little jealous but I apologised to him for being so, since really it is up to them and I hadn't told her I liked her yet. They just met and couldn't have spoken much, yeah maybes she just likes him from the get go I'd have to deal with that, but she has said in the past I am good guy and have always been kind to her.

So as per the title of the thread, what do you think I can gather from her response? And what do you make of the situation as a whole?

Thanks,
    lbnine
    Last edited by lbnine; 23-05-12 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lbnine View Post
    One confusing thing is she knows my ex who I am still living with atm, I know it's a stupid situation but I thought I could discuss that with her if she gave me the chance.
    Seriously? You have no chance in hell with this girl then LOL

Haha. She knows I am moving out soon also though!

Too late.....she aware of all your dirty laundry....Quite literally as well

You should have let nature take it's course rather than just jump to tell her your feelings for her......that's too sucky. Saying it to soon takes the challenge out of her persuing you. Back off and cool it with the texting. Be aloof for a bit and clean house before you ask her out again. Making yourself less available will make you more desirable. Best of luck.

...is she seeing one of your friends? Maybe that's why she was embarrassed.

So hard a call for me, when I have went for it in the past it worked for me. This was a more complex situation I should have seen that. Also it may be is generally a more flirty type than I have previously dated so I felt a bit of panic I'd miss my chance. When I move out I'd be expected to go back home with my parents, I'd come back to my University town in a month or so, think that will have the desired effect?

Honestly in my past experiences I have always liked the girl before she has liked me, they have given the benefit of the doubt I guess and then something good has came out of it.

I'm feeling pretty pathetic at the moment... Being aloof, backing off, is it just discipline?

@Searock. They've only met twice. Both times she spent ninety percent of the night with me, possibly likes him yeah. But they're not already dating. Guess I don't know if they are contacting eachother outside of the times we were all together but this is over like a 4 day period.
    Last edited by lbnine; 23-05-12 at 03:48 AM.

bumb ubm!