Hi, I am new on this forum. I know I shouldn't post my problem right away. But, I am just so confuse and hurt right now, was wondering if any guy or girl can give me some word of advices or maybe their perspective on this issues.

Here's the story. My boyfriend of almost 2 years(sept.) have decided that he needs space right now. Because, he confuse and don't know what he wants out of life. Now, he never wanted space before, till I constantly scoll him about his many girl friends. Now, I understand that a guy is allow to have girl friend to talk too. But I don't think that it right of him to talk to them night and day. Even at times that he with me, he talk to them. I try very hard not to let it bother me. But, with what had happen in the past, make me have second though. I know that i should let the past be the past. But, he is not making it easy for me to forget. Here what happened, I was using his phone one day and a girl call. Now,I never heard of this girl name before. So, I pick up and she hang up on me. So, I remember her number, when the phone bill came. I notice that he been talking to this girl for the past three month. He been calling her and vice versa, there was even phone call during 2 to 3 in AM. I confronted him, and he told me that it was one of his friend from the past. She was having problem and she call him to get advice. So, I question him why would both of you need to talk day and night if she only need advice. So, he finally admit that she wanted to maybe dump her boyfriend and see if her and my boyfriend can date. He told me that he was interested in her. And would never hurt me by seeing this girl. The next day, I call this girl and confront her too about it. She say that she only friend with him and wants nothing more. So, I don't know who is telling the truth.
After all this had happened, He told me that he stop calling her. Because he know that it hurts me. But, the phone call still continue. Now, he telling me that he need space, cause it very hard for him right now. The fact that I am a single mom and in order for him to settle down with me he wants to be able to figure out what he wants. He say that he love me very much and that I would be the girl he marry. But, just not right now.
I am confuse the fact that he wants space. But, he wants me to be there went he need me or for me to run to him when I have problem. He want to be able to talk to me everyday. And the other I went over to his house to talk, it ended up more then just talk. So, right there I am getting the wrong signal. Everyday he call me and keep on telling me that he love me. And don't want to to lose me. But, my question is, if he so much love me and don't want to lose me. Why is he so confuse about all this..Am I just a spare tired right now, till he find someone new?

Please help..your advice is greatly appreciate..