+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Overseas Fiance Wants To Have New Female Friends Need Both Male & Female Opinions

My Overseas Fiance Wants To Have New Female Friends Need Both Male & Female Opinions

My fiance and I have been together for the past two years, we got engaged one year ago, am 29, he is 31. Though I believe I already know the answer to my question here, I do need opinions from both male and female. Right after we got engaged his job sent him overseas on a project which will take at least 3 years, after lots of discussion we decided he should take the opportunity since the pay he will receive will help us with our wedding and at the same time, within the three years I can finish working on my degree and we will both be ready for the big day. He can only visit twice a year for a period of ten days, sure I can visit also and have already done so, but the cost of the airfare, my job and classes makes it impossible for me to visit him as often as I like. We both agreed on everything I have just mentioned. Now here is the problem, today he tells me that he has a feeling for female companionship, not for xxx, but for someone of the opposite sex to talk to, to give him emotional support while am not there. Yes we do talk on skype, gtalk, phone, text, whenever we can, which is every day for at least two hours or more, mostly on skype so we can see each other. I just don't understand why he feels this is not enough, he says he wants a female(s) friend(s) someone physically there to talk to, not the way we chat online or skype. I do trust him and I am really trying hard to see his point of view. Oh and one more thing, he says though he feels he wants female companionship over there, he is afraid that it may go further than friendship so for this reason he will not do it, he just wanted me to know his general thoughts, we try to be open and honest with our feelings always. I am now very confused, I have asked him if there is something I am not doing, but he says we both are doing everything in our power. I am trying to see his perspective along with mine, to me this doesn't sound right. He swears its just for talking and hanging out. Is something wrong here? Am I over analyzing or becoming insecure cause we are so far away from each other? Is it ok for one's partner to want to develop such friendships while already seriously involved?
    Last edited by skyline871; 27-05-12 at 08:44 AM. Reason: made an error

Its perfectly normal for a man to want some female company, if hes away from his partner for so long. You should be grateful that hes confided in you and not gone behind your back. A man has needs and cant live on sex twice a year. Its medically unsafe. I hope this is mature enough for you.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaninnocentma View Post
    Its perfectly normal for a man to want some female company, if hes away from his partner for so long. You should be grateful that hes confided in you and not gone behind your back. A man has needs and cant live on sex twice a year. Its medically unsafe. I hope this is mature enough for you.
    So in other words you are saying he needs sex? btw sorry abt that mature line quote, its just that kids tends to leave some inappropiate comments at times, did not mean to offend anyone, I did edit my text, thanks for the feedback