+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Old feelings from old friendship?

Old feelings from old friendship?

So, we met the beginning of my freshman year and he was a sophomore at the time. We didn't talk much when we first met, I was more of a neusance than anything. He was a quiet guy who usually sat in the hallways during lunch reading his book- alone.

Beginning of my sophomore year, I decidEd to sit next to him and get to know him personally. At first he wasn't very conversational, bt I guess he assumed I would get bored of him and leave him alone. But I was persistent. I sat with him every day for about a month until more people began sitting with us. Our friends who sat with us would joke about our friendship and his reply was usually "yeah, she has this crazy crush on me" or "she secretly loves me"( little did he know that I still wasn't over my latest ex, so I had no interest in dating him atm). And whenever we talked alone, he would always depict what his "perfect girl" would be like and what his exes did wrong, etc. And whenever we would pass eachother in between classes, instead of turning his head and looking at me, he would stare at me with his head facing forward and looking at me through the very corners of his eyes.

We grew closer and it wasn't until march of 2011 that I began to like him. So, naturally, I confessed my feelings. He said " I really like you too, but I don't want to risk our friendship" and I was fine with returning back to normal, bt then he completely stopped talking to me. Havent gotten a word out of him since. at first I thought it was because it was awkward for the both of us since we both admitted we liked eachother, but ts been a year.

I miss him as my friend and lost all romantic feelings toward him. He just graduated last week and I heard he is going to an out of state university. I want to reconnect this summer, but I'm not sure where to start. He deleted me off facebook, he never texts or answer my calls and now he's not in my school. Help?

That seems like a strange thing to do, for someone who actually romantically liked you back. It seems like he didn't actually like you that way, he liked you as a person and as a friend, and he distanced himself so as not to hurt you.

Thanks for your post

You are beating a dead horse. Get on with your life.

Thanks for your post