+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laguna Banned

He disappeared on....

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bohemiandonut
    Pretty much.

But some things make you feel better than others. What about that, huh? Why is pain painful and pleasure pleasureful? Do we make it so?

Stupid problems with subjective reality.
    Thoughts lead to emotions, emotions lead to actions, actions lead to results.

Nothing has meaning other than the meaning you give it.

I really hate that feckin' huge picture in your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by LTsK8eR2gO

Wow your so smart, I just want to be like you when I grow up!

Toodoloo!

hey what happened to the penta ram? i was just starting to get used to it.

wait, no i wasn't... i hated that thing.

good riddance.

but still, your new one would make a vegetarian puke.

I just hate his sigs.

That's pretty much the stupidest answer I've ever heard. How in the hell does that explain why pleasure is pleasureful and pain is painful?

Try again, brother. Also, you're totally wrong about the first claim in your "theory." Emotions certainly come before thoughts. Thoughts are an attempt to return to equilibrium, to control biology and unconscious response.

Thats true. Thought can influence emotion, but emotion can most certaintly come first...actually it is first lol. Those times where we act out of feeling without a thought, is usually deamed ill-rational..none the less however, feeling and thought is intertwined. But we feel 100% of the time.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

King Zarathu Guest
    OK!

If you think "wow, that person hates me" then you begin to feel BAD!!! Then, in bohemiandonut's case, you go kill yourself. The result is that you've proven to everybody that you're a dumbshit, something Raverboy (illusional, btw) has already proven above.

If you feel BAD, this had already started from something else in the first place!! Thoughts come randomly!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LT...what's with the excessively large sig?

I would suggest there be a limit as to the size of the picture for one's sig.

I agree and which Raverboy are you talking about LT. There's Illusional and there's a poser. So tell us which one you're talking about.

If you think "wow, that person hates me" then you begin to feel BAD!!! Then, in bohemiandonut's case, you go kill yourself. The result is that you've proven to everybody that you're a dumbshit, something Raverboy (illusional, btw) has already proven above.

If you feel BAD, this had already started from something else in the first place!! Thoughts come randomly!
    Thoughts come randomly? Hmmm... WRONG. Thoughts are founded exclusively in the emotion you are feeling at the time.

If you feel BAD: This started from something else, eh? Yeah, chemical and neurological response to your environment, that's what else.

Thoughts can affect emotion, such as when you are extremely nervous and repeat a thought to yourself to calm down (hence what I said earlier about thoughts being an attempt to return to equilibrium.) But, even in that case, the emotion precedes the thought. I can easily prove this with the simple example below:

You touch a burning stove: Immediately, the sensory neurons in your hand send a message of extreme excitation to your brain, which causes a reflex in your hand, and you jerk away. Reflex is the magic word here, since neuro-communication is definitely unconscious, it is not preceded or even accompanied by any thought. Rather, thought comes later, as in: "Sh*t, that was hot!" And not, "Sh*t, this is hot, I think I'll jerk my hand away rapidly."

Thought is slow. Emotion is fast. So, what do you think comes first?

Bohemiandonut you better watch out! Sk8er is simply too smart for us all, resistance is futile!

Arrivederchi!
    Last edited by Raverboy; 21-03-05 at 03:34 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12