+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you know if it's true love?

How do you know if it's true love?

This is something I have been wondering for some time now. How does one know if he/she is truly in love? What's the difference between "puppy love" and true love?

-DK
    Last edited by Da Kaucasian; 18-03-05 at 06:36 AM.

Love is trust.

Simple as that. The rest is lust, control, and jealousy.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    'Puppy love' is usually something you go through in your teens-early 20's, when you've never been in a serious relationship before and have nothing to compare it to. Important parts of the 'relationship' are usually missing or ignored, such as proper communication, a thorough understanding of each other as people, and the ability to have a life separate from the other person because 'you just can't stand to be without them'. You don't usually recognize it until you get older, have an adult relationship, and then look back and realize it for what it was.

True love is love without needs or wants or conditions. You don't love someone 'if', you love them 'because'. You understand that you as people are not perfect and neither is your relationship. You accept them 100% for who they are. You would give your life for that person without a second thought. And like Donut said, there is no lust, control, or jealousy.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer
    True love is love without needs or wants or conditions. You don't love someone 'if', you love them 'because'. You understand that you as people are not perfect and neither is your relationship. You accept them 100% for who they are. You would give your life for that person without a second thought. And like Donut said, there is no lust, control, or jealousy.
    Couldn't have said better myself. One part I'd change though, lust is a big part of the physical side of the realtionship. It's what makes it exciting when you don't quite want the candle lit, slow moving kinda night.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Yeah, I wasn't saying that lust has to dissapear. You gain love, but you don't lose the lust (at least, not preferably.)

You do however have to lose the jealousy and control.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was thinking more lust like.....you spend more time thinking about how much you wanna screw the person rather than just be with them. You like their body but don't really care about them as a person, that sorta thing.

Cuz by god, there better be some lust mixed in with the whole package.
    For those who haven't experienced it.....sex with someone you love is like 1000 times better than anything you'll get with someone you don't.

Agreed fully!

I know what ya ment though, you were talking about the lust without love thing. (donut)
    Last edited by Innova; 18-03-05 at 11:07 AM.

sex with someone you love is like 1000 times better than anything you'll get with someone you don't.
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Kaucasian
    This is something I have been wondering for some time now. How does one know if he/she is truly in love? What's the difference between "puppy love" and true love?

-DK
    See the problem is that all you are going to find here is opinions of what people WANT to think love is or what they have been thought it to be. The truth is that "love" is just a word. Nothing more. So really it just means what it meant in the beginning and if you go back and read alot of old text then clearly LOVE = Chemical brain infatuation. You want to know when your in love..sure Ill tell you...its when you are walking and you see a girl and everything sarta stops, her eyes look like big black buttons(I dont know why), You would give anything to be with the person, and they seam almost perfect (like to good to be true). That is love. Everything else is bull shit attachment. Caring, trust, and all those things all-ready have a name and words used to discribe them. People just for some reason really like to make the word "love" seem special so when science described it people became angry and started to put all this BS on it and change its definition.

I can get trust from friends but HELLL NOOO do I love them.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 18-03-05 at 06:13 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    LOVE = Chemical brain infatuation. You want to know when your in love..sure Ill tell you...its when you are walking and you see a girl and everything sarta stops, her eyes look like big black buttons(I dont know why), You would give anything to be with the person, and they seam almost perfect (like to good to be true). That is love..
    Wow, then there must be a lot of 13 and 14 year olds out there that are in 'love', huh.

No offense, but you actually have to experience it (for REAL) before you can have any sort of opinion. And I can tell you that any one who truly has would never describe it like this. It even sounds kinda.....cynical.

Virgin, since when is love infatuation? Infatuation and "Chemical Reaction" are two different things. One is an extremity, the other a naturality.

Beyond the initial chemical reaction, call it what you will...the "Spark" even. What does the two couple that make it through have left. Caring, trust, uncondition, exceptionce beyond perfection, motivation, more importantly a "bond". I've known couples together for 20, 30, even 40 years and are still happy. That my friend is companionship you just don't get in a noraml circumstance.

We all define by how we fill, beyond whatever science proves. There is a balance between realism and idealism that should be kept, in order to life in it's fullest.

And you seem to think that you make the definitions of words. Even read old famous love poems...its pretty clear what they are talking about. If there is something else to describe like the things you say then maybe a new word should be created but love already has a definiton. This person is asking what LOVE feels like so you can tell it apart and all you have to say is "YOU HAVE TO EXPERIENCE IT" hah.

Fist of all there is no such thing as a unconditional situation. There is always a condition...no matter how bizzare the condition could be..its there. Second of all...yea 13 and 14 year olds can be in love. Third of all people refer to the natural brain reaction around a individual as infatuation...people have been accusing me of it when I said I was in love simply because I have never talked to her...I do not "NEED" to talk to her in order to be in love. Everything we do in life is some form of brain activity...sorry to burst some of your bubbles but love is one of them. Innova..Yea..if love is brain activity and infatuation is just a dummy looking at some stupid movie star then thats fine...unfortunatly most people will refer to the brain activity as infatuation. They think there should be some special "BOND" for love....NO!. bond is bond....love is love...to separate words with each their own meaning.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 19-03-05 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Innova
    Caring, trust, uncondition, exceptionce beyond perfection, motivation, more importantly a "bond".
    Yes, and none of those things have anything to do with love. Maybe you need all those things + LOVE to have a good relationship but you don't need a good relationship to be in love. you don't even need any type of relationship.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Yes, and none of those things have anything to do with love. Maybe you need all those things + LOVE to have a good relationship but you don't need a good relationship to be in love. you don't even need any type of relationship.
    Sigh........there's no point debating something you don't understand. Attraction and love are not the same. You can define attraction. You can't define love, only TRY to describe it. I've been on both ends of the spectrum and have enough experience to tell you that I know the difference.

Sorry, but you can't love something or someone you don't know or have no relationship with. End of story.

You will figure this out someday.

you can't love something or someone you don't know or have no relationship with.
    I dis-agree. How much can I stress that love has nothing to do with the other persons personality. It doesn't matter if you know them or not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast