+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to break up...please help!

How to break up...please help!

My current boyfriend and I have been dating for only about 4 months. We were friends for 2 years before we ever did anything intimate with each other. We were really great as friends, but I don't think we are as a couple. He has shown me a completely different side to him than how he acted towards me when we were just friends. He can get pretty condescending and talks to me with an attitude out of nowhere like I'm bothering him. I am not happy with our relationship anymore and I even have been turned off to just holding hands with him. I don't feel any emotional chemistry with him. The problem is...when we started the relationship I moved in with him and his family because I needed a temporary place to live for some problems I was going through at my last apartment. We share the same room and he drives me to work everyday since I do not own a car. This makes it very difficult for me to end our relationship. Not because I'm afraid of needing to move or not having rides, but because we are always around each other and he has VERY VERY strong feelings for me from the very first time we hung out together as friends. It would make everything awkward...especially since we sleep in the same bed. There's also another reason I need to break up with him. I have become emotionally connected with someone else. I feel like I'm betraying my current boyfriend by just having these feelings for another person. So, I would really like to know how I should go about breaking up or what I even should do about this complicated situation. I have told him about how my feelings have changed for him and how I'd prefer to be just friends. He wants to work it out and says he wants to fix the relationship. I have not told him about my feelings for the other person....he would be devastated =/. I really don't want to hurt him. I really care about him and he's a very close and special person to me. I just can't seem to feel the same way he does for me.

Thanks for your post.