+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do you think I blew it?

Do you think I blew it?

I have been admiring this guy from afar for about three weeks. I do not know him that well. I think we have spoken briefly about 3 times. I got told about him by a mutual friend. She thought we would make a good match. She showed me a photo. When I met him the first time at a mutual friends home I went up to him and introduced myself. We spoke very briefly and I walked off to talk to someone else.
    I caught him staring at me. It almost looked as though his eyes were nearly going to drop out of their sockets. I didn't see him for two weeks. The next time I saw him, he constantly glanced in my direction. On one occassion he deliberately tried to catch my gaze (well that's what I felt).
    Last Saturday I approached him and we began talking, it was very brief. In that time I asked him to go to a mutual friends party. He and his friends had a basketball tornament so he couldn't make it. He did say that he wouldn't get back from the game until 11:30. When I was talking to him, it looked like his whole body froze up. He looked very serious. He didn't even smile and had no expression on his face.
    We said our goodbyes and we went our seperate ways.
    I have a few questions. The first is do you think I stuffed up by asking him to a friends party? I believe he went to the game because I saw photos on fb that a mutual friend posted. Will he be thinking about me because of my advances? Us women tend to think about the guy we are interested in quite frequently, is it the same for a guy? What do you think about the his body language during our interactions? I am a firm believer that the man should be the pursuer, do you think I took on the role of a pursuer?

Finally I think I am going crazy because I am thinking about him a lot. Every day! What do you think? Any advice would be much appreciated.

There are a lot of guys that wish more females would be the initiator. You don't have to push hard for it, all you have to do is ask him to join you for coffee or something and give him your number. Then the ball is in his court to pursue you.

I have ran into guys that I went to high school and they revealed that wanted to ask me out but were too nervous to, so they never did. If I had known then what I know now I would have been more of an initiator instead of hoping someone would ask me out. This is not the 1950's where ladies waited to be asked out....those days are long gone. This is the modern age where dating has become a more level playing field. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    There are a lot of guys that wish more females would be the initiator. You don't have to push hard for it, all you have to do is ask him to join you for coffee or something and give him your number. Then the ball is in his court to pursue you.

I have ran into guys that I went to high school and they revealed that wanted to ask me out but were too nervous to, so they never did. If I had known then what I know now I would have been more of an initiator instead of hoping someone would ask me out. This is not the 1950's where ladies waited to be asked out....those days are long gone. This is the modern age where dating has become a more level playing field. Best of luck.
    Yes. [feeling kinda strange for agreeing with smackie...]

Him freezing was probably just down to the shock of you talking to him! Yes you were the pursuer but that isn't a bad thing! Contact him and ask him to meet you for a drink or lunch. You may be pleasantly surprised!

Who knows, maybe he's socially retarded. I think normal/interested people would've exchanged numbers if the plans for that night didn't work out.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Thanks for your post.

It is possible that all of the blood in his brain was redirected by his body to his genitals. Hence, brain circuit overload, "beautiful female talking to me...what to do?"

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    It is possible that all of the blood in his brain was redirected by his body to his genitals. Hence, brain circuit overload, "beautiful female talking to me...what to do?"
    LMAO that could be a possibility

Thanks for your post.