Hi all, Im new to this site. My names Dave and im in sunny london!
I really need an opinion on something...
This is going to be quite long winded so please bare with me.

I have a close female friend who I really care about we talk a lot and she really opens up to me. she got with a new guy around 4 months ago. Things were going well up until a couple of weeks ago, heres what happened.
They went out for a night out with a few of his mates and a few of her mates. This was also the first time that her new guy was meeting her best friend "Any guys reading best behaviour right?". Thats not what happened... He proceeded to go on and on all night to the whole group about how her best friend was the hottest chick he had ever seen and he was going deep in a sense of saying she had the best arse tits weight etc etc
This resulted in my friend reacting and ever since has had low self esteem and has just been really depressed over it all.
Ill give you a little background on my friend, Shes 26 quite short and a bit overweight.
But shes the most beautiful person if you know what im saying. Single mother of 1 beautiful little boy (Ive been kinda like dad to him since he was around 6 months we are good friends.
Her problem is though that she is very trusting. Too trusting in fact.
Since then she has also told me that this guy is very very insecure and has a drink problem.
She also said that he makes her eat and drink lot. A few weeks ago she said to him that she wants to go on a diet His reply was "No I dont want you too go on a diet cos I dont want other men looking at you!" Without even considering her feelings. Correct me if im wrong but should he not be helping supporting or even encouraging her? Let me remind you at this point that she only met this guy 4 months ago... I think this guy might be a feeder... Whenever she confronts him about anything his reactions are like "If I have to hear about 1 more time im gonna fackin explode" etc etc (ie avoidance of subject). She also says that he told her that he hasnt had a relationship in over 6 years. (I wonder why) Although personally i think thats bullshit.. I reckon that every other woman he has met has clocked him and run for the hills. And now hes giving her kinda the silent treatment.. Im concerned because having done the research all the things he is doing are all early signs/actions of an abusive man. Ive been telling her till im blue in the face to dump the prick but she just for some reason not hearing me PLEASE HELP.. Because if it gets to the stage where he lays a hand on her I dont know if i would be able to contain my anger towards him If you know what im saying...
So please... Im beggin Ya lol. Help me make this girl see sense.. For these behaviours to be displayed within 4 months of a relationship starting... Whats the outlook for the future... And of course the safety of her and her son.
What would you do if you were her?
Replys will be thankfully appreciated.