+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My male friend is most likely into me, and I into him but I need him to admit it

My male friend is most likely into me, and I into him but I need him to admit it

I'm a relatively attractive 19 year old girl who has been into my close male friend (20) for the last 5 years. He's most likely into me as well, but he's pretty awkward around girls. This is the first time we've been single at the same time. I'm staying with him for a few days at his parents' house, and then we're driving back to my place (5hrs) together. We're going to the beach and I'm planning on wearing my bikini, but I don't know how to go from there. How do I at least get him to admit his feelings towards me without letting on how I feel? I'm afraid I'll spook him and lose him as a friend, so I don't want to say it outright, and he's bad at social situations, especially those involving emotions. I want to make myself irresistible to him, so he admits it or at least makes a move.

I've been waiting 5 years for this- I don't want to screw it up.

It would be different if you both had just met, then I would suggest flirting and asking him out on a date (yes girls can do that too). The thing is you two have been friends for so long, if you start flirting and stuff he will only get confused and maybe get weird. Sorry but you are going to have to step up to the plate and admit your feelings. You could say,"we have been friends for so long and it funny but lately I am starting to see you in a different light". "I'm finding myself thinking about you a lot.....would you ever consider going out with me?"

He's started acting differently towards me lately, which is why I think he is into me. I may subtly flirt, but I am no good at flirting. And asking him to go out... it may be hard, because we're both army cadets and only have a week when we're both home this summer. We've kept up a close friendship for five years despite the distance. Him asking me to go to his place, especially since we'll be completely alone, and driving to get me is something completely new and out of the blue, and I'm hoping he'll make a move. He spooks very easily in romantic situations though (I've seen it time and time again with his girlfriends) so I don't want to confront him outright.

Well the thing is that it's 5 years and you have developed boundaries in your friendship, so he may be too uncomfortable to do such a thing. Guys don't pick up on subtlety very well, actually they are terrible at especially if they are real shy or insecure.
    You have an advantage over those other girls...you both have been good friends for 5 years....big difference. I doubt you will spook him. Guys just don't make friends with girls for the sake of friendship (I say most don't), he's been liking you for 5 years, I bet money on it he has been thinking of ways to confront you. By you stepping up might be a great relief for him.

If you can't flirt and play the seduction game very well, you can't just sit there, now can you? Anyways I don't know why you want a relationship with someone you can't be with physically.

The bikini should help alot. Have fun. Touch and be physical. Would you be able to say something like "I was wondering how you feel about me?" Then watch his reaction carefully. He might come out and tell you, or he might want to know why you ask and you could say something like "It feels like you may have more than friendly feelings towards me." Or something like that. You don't have to reveal your feelings first, and it is okay to ask him how he feels.

Friends with a guy for 5 years and in all that time he hasn't made a move? I rate your chances of this working out well at less than one in 20. But if you want to go for it don't waste your time. Take the initiative and pin him down and kiss him. Then you will know where you stand.

yeah , you should cook him a 7 course meal then youll increase your chances to one in 19, i reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaninnocentma View Post
    yeah , you should cook him a 7 course meal then youll increase your chances to one in 19, i reckon.
    Or she could buy him a new games console? And incease the chances to one in 18?

Wow that's a lot of work! and here I am would just be happy with a pitcher of beer lol. I better expect more damn it!

He doesn't game, haha, or drink... and we'll be staying at his place so I can't cook We'll probably just be chilling because he's coming back from the field and training (we're both army cadets)