+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrong Number, uh oh.

Wrong Number, uh oh.

So I met this really cute girl at an event June 3rd Friday.
    She thought I was cute and her friend asked for my number for her. She was shy.
    I accidentally gave her the wrong number and I was 2 digit off... I usually am a unlucky person. I know I should have asked for her number but I just didn't think of asking her. Do you think she thinks I gave her an invalid number on purpose? I think she might because I did not ask for hers. I actually feel really bad because I really do like her and I don't want her to think I gave her a wrong number on purpose and I don't want her to be sad or mad, or think that I don't like her because I actually do. I wish I got her number.

Do you think she thinks I gave her an invalid number on purpose?
    What are the chances of seeing her again as we live in the same city with under 100,000 people but more than 80,000
    Last edited by NiceGuy409; 06-06-12 at 03:38 AM.

If you go out every day for 1 year , the chances of you meeting her are 365/100,000 which means there is a 50/50 that you will meet her again. Assuming she believes your story about the wrong number, there is a 1/100,000,000 chance that she will have sex with you, judging by your posting style.

Next time when a girl says she likes you, its better to try sleep with them before they change their mind, or before they meet someone that can write their own phone number on a piece of paper.

hope this helps

I find it quite rude how you assume I am just after sex? Sex is near to nothing to me and It is not about that AT ALL.
    You have have the wrong view of woman as it seems you are only after sex.

And by the way you only answered one of the questions. I care about her and her feelings.

Does anyone else have any answers?

yeah, youre regretting calling me rude now , arnt you? This kinda reminds me of the time that joey seen a "hot girl" from his appartment window across the street, and everytime he went to find her, he kept knocking on ross,s door,lol. Then when he eventually did find the right apartment, its was a hilarious coincidence that ross was in there and joey thought he had the wrong place again,lol.

Joey ended up putting a notice in the building that said "hot girl, where are you $500 reward, lol. try that

No, I am not regretting calling you rude. You are a very rude person and it seems like you don't respect women. What I regret is not asking for her number when she asked for mine.

And by the way your little story is nothing like my situation. I did not just "see her from across the street" or anything along those lines.

You obviously know nothing about the situation I am in and I don't want your responses.

Is there anyone out there who actually treats women with respect and knows what they are talking about? Preferably a girl
    Last edited by NiceGuy409; 05-06-12 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuy409 View Post
    No, I am not regretting calling you rude. You are a very rude person and it seems like you don't respect women. What I regret is not asking for her number when she asked for mine.

And by the way your little story is nothing like my situation. I did not just "see her from across the street" or anything along those lines.

You obviously know nothing about the situation I am in and I don't want your responses.

Is there anyone out there who actually treats women with respect and knows what they are talking about? Preferably a girl
    Since when is wanting sex disrespectful? You're attracted to her physically right?

But whatever....Youre missing iamaninnocentma's point....You dont even deserved a date with this girl if you gave her the wrong number. How did you possibly do that? He's just pointing out the fact you ****ked up

First off, you have balls right? Its your job to ask her for her number. Shy girls dont call and Even if she did she'll never go out with you now that she realizes you gave out a wrong number Learn from the mistakes and move on
    Last edited by surfhb; 05-06-12 at 09:31 AM.

He was talking about sex as if it is all that is important. And by the way I am guessing you are in your 20's+? Well I am not. I am looking for a relationship that is about emotions and not just about " Getting Laid " .
    I never said wanting sex is disrespectful by the way.
    I gave her the wrong number by accident. It was 2 digits off from mine.
    I was quite nervous which is why I totally forget to ask for her number.

I have had bad luck for almost my whole life, and this I will not let go.

He was talking about sex as if it is all that is important. And by the way I am guessing you are in your 20's+? Well I am not. I am looking for a relationship that is about emotions and not just about " Getting Laid "
    Dude....you sound like a chick. At your age, it should be all about the sex and physical. Save the emotional BS for when youre ready to settle down and marry.....like 15 years from now.

bad luck? Seriously! Who gives out their number to a chick and gets it wrong? LOL Dumb luck
    Last edited by surfhb; 05-06-12 at 10:51 AM.

Well for me it is not all about that. Just being with the girl I like and having a damn good time is good for me.

Exactly, who gives out their number and gets it wrong? It is bad luck... Tell me how it isn't bad luck? I gave her the wrong number and
    she probably got sad or mad and I actually feel so bad because I really like her. The chances of seeing her again or talking to her again
    are slim and I may not get to apologize. I don't see how it isn't bad luck.

Days before this I called my home phone from my cell phone to know my correct number, and I then called my cellphone on my cell phone so that the number is in my phone if by any chance I forget it. I ended up calling my cell phone with the wrong number and I thought it was my real one, when it really was 2 digits off. Tell me how this is not bad luck.

Also, last week was prom and I was actually thinking about prom and if I would find a girl to go with for when my prom comes.

By the way, this isn't one of those, Oh well I guess I wont get to hook up with her. It is not like that for either of us.
    Last edited by NiceGuy409; 05-06-12 at 11:32 AM.

Well for me it is not all about that. Just being with the girl I like and having a damn good time is good for me.

Exactly, who gives out their number and gets it wrong? It is bad luck... Tell me how it isn't bad luck? I gave her the wrong number and
    she probably got sad or mad and I actually feel so bad because I really like her. The chances of seeing her again or talking to her again
    are slim and I may not get to apologize. I don't see how it isn't bad luck.

Days before this I called my home phone from my cell phone to know my correct number, and I then called my cellphone on my cell phone so that the number is in my phone if by any chance I forget it. I ended up calling my cell phone with the wrong number and I thought it was my real one, when it really was 2 digits off. Tell me how this is not bad luck.

Also, last week was prom and I was actually thinking about prom and if I would find a girl to go with for when my prom comes.

By the way, this isn't one of those, Oh well I guess I wont get to hook up with her. It is not like that for either of us.
    Firstly, I agree with you, it does seem like really bad luck. But saying that... it doesn't seem like there is that much you can do about it now.

Secondly, don't listen to other guys who think you should be only interested in sex at your age! Its fine if you are, as many guys your age will be mainly interested in that and not much else, but if you're not then thats great too! I say, don't bow to peer pressure!! If you are looking for something else in a relationship... i.e. a girl you really care about, can have a great time with and get on with in many different ways... then I say keep looking for that and don't give up hope!

I know you're disappointed. But sadly, it does sound like the chances of you meeting this girl again are slim to none. However, there are plenty of other great girls out there who would love to go out with a more sensitive, more respectful guy like you! Because I tell you, in your age group those kinds of guys are hard to find!

So to conclude, I would say don't change who you are to "fit in with the crowd" or "seem cool" or "because you think you should" ... do what seems right for you!!

And even though you've been unlucky and made a mistake this time, you've learnt from it and there are plenty of other great girls out there yet to meet!! So don't give up looking!! You are very young so you have plenty of time to find that special someone.

Good luck!!
    Last edited by JustPassing; 05-06-12 at 04:50 PM.

He was talking about sex as if it is all that is important. And by the way I am guessing you are in your 20's+? Well I am not. I am looking for a relationship that is about emotions and not just about " Getting Laid " .
    I never said wanting sex is disrespectful by the way.
    I gave her the wrong number by accident. It was 2 digits off from mine.
    I was quite nervous which is why I totally forget to ask for her number.

I have had bad luck for almost my whole life, and this I will not let go.

Now your story changes. Suddenly it's not 1 digit off, it 's 2 digits off. I call bullshit. Who the hell mis-remembers their phone number so badly that they can't give it out without screwing up two numbers? Or even one?

I don't believe you, and neither will she. In a town of 100,000, it is likely you'll see her again at some point, particularly if you go to the same places.

If you do see her again though, just explain what happened. I would believe you. I don't know my phone number that accurately either and if someone told me they'd accidently mis-remembered and then gave me the correct number of course I would believe them because why else would you apologize and correct your mistake.

Mistakes happen all the time! We all make mistakes!! If she is the kind of kind caring girl you think she is I'm sure she'll understand and give you another chance if you do get a chance to apologize.

I just think its unlikely you will see her again.. but if you go out a lot and to a lot of the same places and you do happen to see her about just try and apologize. She may not listen but if she writes you off that easily she's not the sort of girl you really want to go out with anyway I say. Everyone deserves a second chance and any reasonable person knows people sometimes make mistakes I think, especially if you're both shy and you wrote the number down in a hurry.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by JustPassing View Post
    Firstly, I agree with you, it does seem like really bad luck. But saying that... it doesn't seem like there is that much you can do about it now.

Secondly, don't listen to other guys who think you should be only interested in sex at your age! Its fine if you are, as many guys your age will be mainly interested in that and not much else, but if you're not then thats great too! I say, don't bow to peer pressure!! If you are looking for something else in a relationship... i.e. a girl you really care about, can have a great time with and get on with in many different ways... then I say keep looking for that and don't give up hope!

I know you're disappointed. But sadly, it does sound like the chances of you meeting this girl again are slim to none. However, there are plenty of other great girls out there who would love to go out with a more sensitive, more respectful guy like you! Because I tell you, in your age group those kinds of guys are hard to find!

So to conclude, I would say don't change who you are to "fit in with the crowd" or "seem cool" or "because you think you should" ... do what seems right for you!!

And even though you've been unlucky and made a mistake this time, you've learnt from it and there are plenty of other great girls out there yet to meet!! So don't give up looking!! You are very young so you have plenty of time to find that special someone.

Good luck!!

Thank you for your reply. I will not change who I am. I was also thinking that I've learnt from this.

Quote Originally Posted by JustPassing View Post
    If you do see her again though, just explain what happened. I would believe you. I don't know my phone number that accurately either and if someone told me they'd accidently mis-remembered and then gave me the correct number of course I would believe them because why else would you apologize and correct your mistake.

Mistakes happen all the time! We all make mistakes!! If she is the kind of kind caring girl you think she is I'm sure she'll understand and give you another chance if you do get a chance to apologize.

I just think its unlikely you will see her again.. but if you go out a lot and to a lot of the same places and you do happen to see her about just try and apologize. She may not listen but if she writes you off that easily she's not the sort of girl you really want to go out with anyway I say. Everyone deserves a second chance and any reasonable person knows people sometimes make mistakes I think, especially if you're both shy and you wrote the number down in a hurry.

Good luck!
    If I do see her again I will definitely apologize to her and explain what happened. I just don't want it to be long from now. I am thinking this week is the only time.
    Last edited by NiceGuy409; 06-06-12 at 03:49 AM.

Thank you for your reply. I will not change who I am. I was also thinking that I've learnt from this.

If I do see her again I will definitely apologize to her and explain what happened. I just don't want it to be long from now. I am thinking this week is the only time.
    You are what people affectionately refer to as.....FULL OF SHIT !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast