+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Age Gap

Age Gap

Hello All,

I am 29 and my partner is 20. Do you think this age gap is too much?
    We met online through a mutual friend and just started talking, we quickly realised we liked each other and decided to meet up.
    We spent a wonderful weekend together and had an amazing time. Since then we both know we love one another very much but what do we do now? He hasn't told anyone except his friend what's been going on and I've told my friends/family but they all say 'just go with your heart, you're not hurting anyone'...
    I don't think his family will approve.. hell, if my son was 20 dating a 29yr old woman I might question it myself, so in light of this, am I doing the right thing or should I call it off?

Being without him though.. will break my heart and his. I don't know how I can make it right

Any opinions will be welcomed, thanks in advance.
    Vix.

Does he live by himself, does he have a job that makes him financially independent?

He lives with his parents and yes he has a full time job.

He still lives with his parents... he's still a teenager basically. Has he had other relationships before?

yes he's had relationships before but none long term.

Thank you for your post.
    Yes, he's mature for his age, I can hold an intellectual conversation with him without feeling 'oh he's so young' because the way he acts and conducts himself is not child-like.
    I understand there are things we must overcome for this to work but I'm just worried, being the older party that I should be questioning my actions.. should I know better?
    I hope this makes sense.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Half plus 7 is the rule.

29/2+7 = 21.5 years (this is the minimum age you should be dating)

Yes, he is too young for you to be in a relationship with, and yes, most people will think you are creepy, especially since you - the older party - are female.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

taken on board.. thanks for the reply. If only love obeyed rules huh.
    I hate that women are branded different to men when it comes to stuff like this