+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What was she thinking?

What was she thinking?

Hey, so there is this person that i like, from what i know and from my peers, I think she likes me too. We see each other about 3 to 4 times a week,each last about 2 hours.

We don't talk much to one another. We've never talked about personal stuff, but rather professional related topics. what limits us from do so is the fact that she is older than me. Her position and mine should not be put into context. We are so far apart in terms of that.

Lately, I have not seen her around, since i have switched classes. Surprisingly, and random i see her around in places, where i usually don't see her around e.g library, canteen (on the table where i usually sit) or on the bus at the end of the day. Does she want to see me? is she missing me maybe? i honestly don't know.

This morning i walked passed the library, she hurried out from the library. We almost bump into one another. She had her arms out, as if expecting a hug. I took a step back, knowing that hugging her would get both of us into trouble and maybe spread some gossips (this was near the hallway btw, so there were tons of people around). We stood there fore like a minute and did nothing apart from saying 'good morning' etc. Until i decided to break it off and walked away.

I am a student, not underage. It is my first year at Yale. I think it pretty clear already who the person i referred to above is.

Let me know what you think
    xx

How much older is she? Are you attracted to her? If you are, I would feel her out a little bit. Maybe just form a friendship and see where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by D234P View Post
    Let me know what you think
    Here's what I think. I was given to understand that Yale was one of the better universities in the US. If this is the case then you're post is truly shocking. The letter 'i' when referring to the first person singular is always capitalised. And I do not believe that is it correct to begin a sentence with the word 'hey'.

To reply to your question. It seems quite clear that she wanted a hug so you were clearly more bothered about some 'trouble' or 'gossips' (the word is gossip by the way) than to hug her. Grow some balls, or testicles, if you prefer the correct terminology.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Here's what I think. I was given to understand that Yale was one of the better universities in the US. If this is the case then you're post is truly shocking. The letter 'i' when referring to the first person singular is always capitalised. And I do not believe that is it correct to begin a sentence with the word 'hey'.

To reply to your question. It seems quite clear that she wanted a hug so you were clearly more bothered about some 'trouble' or 'gossips' (the word is gossip by the way) than to hug her. Grow some balls, or testicles, if you prefer the correct terminology.
    Hey, to be honest I do not think that matters here. Yale is indeed a good university, but just so you know not a single one of the students are actually well rounded. Like me, I do not take the english nor any of the language departments, I do genetics engineering, plus modern engineering in general. English is not my first language (my third) and not all students at Yale are that stereotypical smart as many may think. Apart from that, I see no reason not to use the word 'hey' to greed or begin a sentence. Thought it might be wrong, and I expect you correct me; you don't expect me to prove read what seems to be just a forum post do you? I mean I am just asking for help, and wouldn't it be best for me to write like how I normally do with my peers. And hey is just a greeting to 'u.' I'm pretty sure that the format for the texts in this forum is not that of a college application or a CV. Really, everybody use many forms of the English language to communicate, just like you and me. When I talk to friends i use a different form compare when I write my extended essay. So i don't think you can really judge people by that.

And I am indeed worry about the trouble and the gossip (that's your correction). When I first arrived at Yale one of the main thing i was confronted with was a lecture about 'students and teachers relationship.' They take it very seriously here and from my perspective you can imagine I am scared. I worked my ass off to get here, and it costs my parents money as well. I'm worried and scared of small mistakes that would make me lose all that I have achieved so far.

Hope I cleared things up a little. Well, at least 'i' tried.
    (and the lowercase 'i', it's just one of my bad habits. I'm use to the idea that the word processor or auto correction does it automatically for the user. so...i can 't really help it)