+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible for an ex to still have feelings even though it's over?

I get creeped out by reading your posts. Stop sticking your nose into HER business! Stop taking note of what she does and how she does it. You're making it harder even for yourself, how can you move on if you willingly dedicate so many of your thoughts to her? Just let it go. It's over. You need to accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I get creeped out by reading your posts. Stop sticking your nose into HER business! Stop taking note of what she does and how she does it. You're making it harder even for yourself, how can you move on if you willingly dedicate so many of your thoughts to her? Just let it go. It's over. You need to accept it.
    I agree, but there are two problems with that!
    - First she works right next door, so I have to see this almost every other day! So I'm not sticking my nose in her business, her business is front and center for everyone here to see!
    - Second I love her! I can't really help that!

Try both of those in combination one day and you'll understand why it is so hard. It's like getting slapped in the face everyday!

Even though you see her often, you don't have to build up your own thoughts around her. Like, instead of thinking "she has a relationship with a married man, it will surely blow up and she'll come running back to me" think "oh cool she's in a relationship whatever" and think about something else! You need to make that effort. There's no point in whining all over yourself "but I love her!", you need to consciously keep your mind occupied with something else, block her out from your thoughts. First of all, you need to *accept* that it's over for good. Believe me, after that it will all be easier.

Just keep it at that and maybe she will eventually feel comfortable enough to talk to you. Females are good at hiding their feelings behind a fake smile. She was probably just trying to get you'r attention from excitement on waiting for her "married lover", it's a way to make a guy jealous. "look i'm happy without you so buzz off". Sometimes they mean it or sometimes they don't. Just continue to play it cool. Eventually she may let you talk to her again, but NEVER force the situation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12