+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how do I get my husband intered me and my friend again

how do I get my husband intered me and my friend again

My husband and I have been together for a while. It has been rocky for a while becaue I have been jealous of his friends that are girls that he talks about a lot and have been controlling and I guess verbally abusive and dur to that I have hurt him and pushed him away.. I have lost him as a friend. He sees his friends that are hgirls as best friends and is obssed with one of them. When I snooped I read that he wished he was with her and how he wished she loved him like he loved her. I'm confused and don't know what to do. He gets frustrated with me and says he wants me to be responsible. I believe he talks to his other gf's more then me. It feels like he has lost a spark and intrest in me he used to have in me. How do I turn his head again and become his friend? I'm doing my own personal theripy and want to do couple therapy soon but - would love some feed back from you guys on what I can do and say to him to help him come back to me and him to be happier with me.

So your husband has been controlling? How does he control you? What does he say?

I'm glad you are in counseling. Stick with it for 1-2 years and it should help. I had to get away from an abusive wife and it was the best thing I ever did. I'm much happier now.

During counseling, if he doesn't change, you might find that you will have to leave him. You are not required to stay with a person who makes you feel awful. Your partner should support you and help you achieve happiness. Notice I didn't say "your partner is responsible for making you feel happy". You are responsible for your own happiness, happiness comes from within you, but he should support you in what you need.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)