+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating a new man with a baby. He has a lot of mood swings.

Dating a new man with a baby. He has a lot of mood swings.

Hi everyone I am new here. I would love some advice. I hope I am posting in the right place. I am 22 and got out of a pretty bad 3 1/2 year relationship a month ago. I was ready and excited to spend the next while single and concentrating on myself but then I met an amazing person. I have been dating a new man the past few weeks, he is 26. I really like him- he is so smart, mature, funny and sexy, but he has a lot of baggage. He told me upfront of his situatuon (he has a 9 month old son) and told me to seriously think about if I can handle what a relationship with him would be like. I did think about it a lot and I know I would love his son and be there for both of them. he always tells me (and other people like his mom) that I am his angel, I am so special to him, etc. Right now he is going through a lot- he has court on Monday to find out if he can get joint custody which the baby's mother is trying to prevent him from. So he has been upset/sad and kind of depressed and not sleeping the last week. I have tried to be there for him, but a lot of times he shuts me out and doesn't talk to me about it. It has made me feel like he doesn't really care about me. Especially when we are apart. I am so used to him texting me all day long (also doesnt help his phone broke a couple days ago so we dont text/call much right now) and I guess reasuring me of his feelings. In the past few days I've asked him questions about our relationship and he'll get upset saying he has too much to worry about right now and doesnt have time to worry about how I'm feeling. he will later apologize for it. Last night he called me over at 9pm (booty call?) we talked for a couple hours and he told me I am so amazing, sweet, young, beautiful, and that I deserve a lot better than my ex and than him right now. he said he was so sorry for how hes been treating me the last week and promised me once all the drama with his upcoming courtdate is over that things will be a lot better. Part of me does believe him. part of me wonders if he is in it for sex, or if he likes the attention (he said i'm the first person hes been serious with since his ex). I have met his parents already- they really like me and am so happy he has someone supportive in his life. I really want to be there for this man and I think we can be so good together if he ever gets out of this funk. My ex was an alcoholic and very depressed and I just cannot deal with that right now. I want to be out having fun, falling in love should be exciting not confusing and filled with disappointment like it is right now. I'd appreciate any advice or opinions on the situation. And feel free to ask questions to get a better understanding of our relationship. Thanks so much in advance.

He should get an iphone. They come fully insured with most contracts, even for accidental damage. hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by sail View Post
    Hi everyone I am new here. I would love some advice. I hope I am posting in the right place. I am 22 and got out of a pretty bad 3 1/2 year relationship a month ago. I was ready and excited to spend the next while single and concentrating on myself but then I met an amazing person. I have been dating a new man the past few weeks, he is 26. I really like him- he is so smart, mature, funny and sexy, but he has a lot of baggage. He told me upfront of his situatuon (he has a 9 month old son) and told me to seriously think about if I can handle what a relationship with him would be like. I did think about it a lot and I know I would love his son and be there for both of them. he always tells me (and other people like his mom) that I am his angel, I am so special to him, etc. Right now he is going through a lot- he has court on Monday to find out if he can get joint custody which the baby's mother is trying to prevent him from. So he has been upset/sad and kind of depressed and not sleeping the last week. I have tried to be there for him, but a lot of times he shuts me out and doesn't talk to me about it. It has made me feel like he doesn't really care about me. Especially when we are apart. I am so used to him texting me all day long (also doesnt help his phone broke a couple days ago so we dont text/call much right now) and I guess reasuring me of his feelings. In the past few days I've asked him questions about our relationship and he'll get upset saying he has too much to worry about right now and doesnt have time to worry about how I'm feeling. he will later apologize for it. Last night he called me over at 9pm (booty call?) we talked for a couple hours and he told me I am so amazing, sweet, young, beautiful, and that I deserve a lot better than my ex and than him right now. he said he was so sorry for how hes been treating me the last week and promised me once all the drama with his upcoming courtdate is over that things will be a lot better. Part of me does believe him. part of me wonders if he is in it for sex, or if he likes the attention (he said i'm the first person hes been serious with since his ex). I have met his parents already- they really like me and am so happy he has someone supportive in his life. I really want to be there for this man and I think we can be so good together if he ever gets out of this funk. My ex was an alcoholic and very depressed and I just cannot deal with that right now. I want to be out having fun, falling in love should be exciting not confusing and filled with disappointment like it is right now. I'd appreciate any advice or opinions on the situation. And feel free to ask questions to get a better understanding of our relationship. Thanks so much in advance.
    DUMB DUMB DUMB! A rebound with a dude with a 9 month old!? Classic!!