+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Was it my fault it ended?

Was it my fault that it ended?

I hope that some of you can give me advice on what went wrong with my last relationship.

Well here is the story ... I was dating a 23 year old for 6 months and it ended in June.

He was really nice to me in the beginning but then started to take me for granted. He started to say things to me like "You are lucky to have me. You won't find anyone better than me" and "There isn't a second guy like me around". He even said "I am glad I have a girlfriend because I spend less money".

He was really mean with money and even for Valentine's day I was the one who paid for the dinner for both of us (he did buy me underwear as a present). He used to save half of his pay check and hardly ever bought clothes. He even had some clothes with holes in them. He kept telling me not to bother buying make-up and clothes as I didn't need them.

He was selfish and often showed up late without an apology. Once I said to him that he should have called me to tell me he would be late and he told me to shut up as there were lots of other girls in the city we live in that he could date.

He never bought his mother anything for Mother's day even when I reminded him. Several times he cancelled dates with me just to go out with his friends. One whole weekend he went out partying with his friends and complained because I said to him that he should have at least invited me out one night with them and not leave me all alone all weekend.

In the 6 months we were together he never told me that he loved me? Do you think that is a bad sign? He told me that he thought I was pretty, nice and intelligent.

Also he wasn't very hygenic. He only took a shower ever second day and shaved every third day.

He got annoyed with people for the smallest of things. When he left me he told me that I was annoying him and he didn't want to be with me any more because I talked too loudly sometimes, because I criticised his driving (he drove WAY over the speed limit and had 4 accidents), because I complained when he showed up late and because I worried about stupid things (I am a bit of a worrier but I don't think that that is a major fault). Do you think these are serious enough reasons to leave someone?

Do you think that he was a loser or do you think that it was my fault that the relationship ended? Do you think I could do much better?

I am 29 and losing hope of ever finding the right man.

You are kidding, right?

peshkunta Guest
    Are you kidding me. If I were you, I wouldn't have put up with this moron even for a day. And yes, he is a loser. You could do way better. I really can't believe that someone would put up with crap like that.

Hey Loopy - Im new here, but your troubles dont seem too hard to figure out.

I guess the thing is that you already listed all the cons.

What are the pro's?

Yes, it was definitely your fault it ended- Shame on you for mistreating this wonderful person so badly!!!

That was my attempt at sarcasm

See my post in dating..

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Originally posted by IceQueen
    You are kidding, right?
    i could've have put it better myself. honestly do you need us to tell you that he was a bad bf? age doesn't mean anything, it's just another number to remind you that you're getting older. and trust me 29 isn't bad. that is still young depending on your lifestyle and what you're looking for in life. i know people a lot older than you, who are still looking for a healthy relationship but can't seem to find the right person. you need to pick yourself up and get on with your life. leave some of your interest in men up to fate and when you least expect it, one will come your way. it always happens that way. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Oh My God!

How many times can I say this... You can definitely do better!

Think of it this way... have you dated men in the past who were NOT cheap, DIDN'T have poor hygiene, and brought you a gift on Valentine's day? If yes, then chances are you will again...

Also, I can't help but wonder - is this the kind of man/role model you want your kids to call Daddy? (Eek!).

loopylou

All that I can say is DUMP him before you get way involved in your relationship! Actually u r the one who supposed to leave n not him. Believe me, there's someone who is better than him for u!
    LOVE is sad when u have it but LOVE is sadder when you don't have it