+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it true love?

Is it true love?

Im in a sticky situation right now. I dated a guy 2 years ago for 11 months. we broke up over something so stupid (if you want to know just ask) and now, i dont know if he still loves me though he has told me he does but hes dating someone right now that just had his daughter.

Now, my feelings for him are still very strong. Since we broke up, i still think about him everyday, dream about him and occassionally cry when Im alone because i miss him. I know that deep in my heart I really do still love him just like it was 2 years ago, but this time i think we will work out alot better now that we are older and wiser and have been apart for so long. for the past 2 years, i havent been able to find someone i really like because i still have these feelings for my ex. Ive dated a few people and broke up with them because im not happy. I strongly believe that the only thing that will make me truely happy is to be with my ex again. Id do anything for that day to come.

My ex and his current girlfriend just had a daughter. and anytime ive talked to my ex about his relationship with his girlfriend, all i get out of him is, i dont love her (though ive heard them say i love you to each other) and he made it clear that they were not going to get married because of the baby and a few months after the baby is born, his girfriend and the baby would move out of his house.

I have the gut feeling that they will end up getting married and living together forever, like one little happy family. Now, my ex has broken down to me a few times before and told me he still loves me he wishes we never broke up and he wishes it was me having his baby rather then his current girlfriend. He has also said that later down the line after his life settles down, that we would get back together like it should of been in the first place, but i dont know if i should keep waiting for that day to come of if i should move on and keep searching for mr. right. Ive had a real hard time in that department!

I want more then anything to wait for him but sometimes i just feel too lonely without a man around to cuddle with and talk to. I want that man to be my ex though, no one else. Im completely lost as to what to do, can someone please give it a shot at some good advice? Id really appreciate it. Im tired of holding all this in.
    When you really love someone, It's really hard to forget them.

Let me get this straight. He has some other girls baby and stays with her but you are still going to wait till this prince comes on his horse to take you away?....AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.....*brea th break* aahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

He says to her that he loves her, but then tells you that he doesn't. He is either lieing to you or 'I love you' has no meaning to him- it's just words. But the decision ins yours, and only yours to make. People think I'm mad in my long distance relationship- but I love him and thats all that matters. I know how it feels to be lonely and spend all your day thinking about them and wishing they were with you. Just follow your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Let me get this straight. He has some other girls baby and stays with her but you are still going to wait till this prince comes on his horse to take you away?....AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.....*brea th break* aahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

take another breather, think, then read it again...i never said i was GOING to wait for him, i said i dont know if I should or not and she lives with him he dont live with her
    When you really love someone, It's really hard to forget them.

Quote Originally Posted by ImportBunni
    take another breather, think, then read it again...i never said i was GOING to wait for him, i said i dont know if I should or not and she lives with him he dont live with her
    Same shit. Take my quote then as advice not to wait. Him staying with her or her staying with him....no difference. They are still togather.

No. This is not true love.

what they hell is up with all this true love shit? where the hell did this idea come from? true love is about as real as the easter bunny.

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    what they hell is up with all this true love shit? where the hell did this idea come from? true love is about as real as the easter bunny.
    Perhaps we are getting stuck on definitions (again). The concept, not the word, is what is important. WHAT is it that is lacking from this LOVE (whatever we call it) that is making us think there is a problem...?

"no, this is not true love" What do you mean by this?

(Gonna agree w/OV on this one BTW!)

Agreed, and im going to say this for the billionth time. If you EVER question it, then it's not!

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Quote Originally Posted by Innova
    Agreed, and im going to say this for the billionth time. If you EVER question it, then it's not!
    How can you have a forums for something that does not exist? It exists....its just people have their definitons confused.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You guys have been broken up for TWO YEARS, he has a child with someone else, you only dated for 11 months (!!), and despite all his whining about how much he would rather be with you, I don't see him making any effort to get back together with you? Let him go and move on. You are wasting your time. Of course you are not meeting anyone else, you are far too focused on something that obviously wasn't meant to be.