+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she interested?

Is she interested?

Hi All,

A little help deciphering a girls actions or lack thereof, please.
    I�m working with this girl who I like but I�m unsure if she likes me, I have talked to her in the canteen a few times and I email her the odd time.
    I was looking for ways to make conversation with her so when the fire alarm went off I thought it was a good opportunity to start, I mailed her saying that I thought she set it off as a prank, she mailed me back saying �ssh.. don�t tell anyone� so I said id owe her an �ice-cream or coffee� for doing it, she said it was a little cold for the ice-cream, so I said �a coffee it is then� but got no reply.
    So we mailed each other a few times after this, nothing flirty but I was always the one to strike up the conversation.
    I wanted to move it on a bit so as we sometimes don�t �bump into each other for a day or two� I told her she looked great today (via mail) again got no response.
    Thought to myself then that she wasn�t interested so I stopped mailing her.
    Then after 2 weeks without mailing her and only saying hi when we�d meet in the office, I had to send her a mail to do with work, and she replied asking me how I was doing and what I was doing for the weekend and such, so we had a bit of a conversation back and forth, again nothing flirty, just friendly.
    So foolishly again I read too much into it and thought she might be interested, didn�t see her for a few days and when I bumped into her again she looked busy so we said hi and kept moving,
    I thought she looked really well so sent her a mail that just said �Wow!� again I got no reply 
    Next day I sent her a mail, just a joke, again no reply 
    So that was it definitely not interested in me.
    But then� today we were in the canteen. And when I left to go have a cigarette, she follows me out, asks me for a light and begins a conversation, ive never seen her out there smoking and she told me she only smokes after work.
    So what do you girls think? Is she interested, shy, or just being friendly? Im confused!
    Thanks for any advice you can give.

very tricky, as girls are. even i am a bit confused. there are a bunch of different possibilities that came up in my mind...(1) maybe she likes the compliments, but doesn't feel comfortable acknowledging them through work email, (2) maybe she is uncomfortable receiving compliments in general, (3) maybe she is only interested in being friends, or (4) maybe she is involved with someone else and only acknowledges you when she isn't getting the attention from her BF. there could be a bunch of other possibilities that i'm missing, hopefully some other forum members will pitch in their input.

but doing things through email isn't really a good way to figure out what her deal is. it's a great way to break the ice and start up a conversation, which you have already done. but if you'd like to get some answers, maybe next time compliment her in person and see how she reacts. you should be able to tell from her body language or how the conversation goes afterwards if she was OK with the compliment or if she wasn't. if she takes it well and sticks around, then it is quite possible that she might be interested. but if she runs away, as in gets awkward and ends the conversation within a short time frame, my guess would be that she is either already involved or is only interested in a friendly coworker relationship.

good luck!
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

To be honest, I don't think she's really that interested. Sounds like she's mildly flattered by your attention and is happy to lap it up when it suits her, but she's not bothered enough to make an effort to take it to the next level - perhaps because she's already in a relationship. You've done enough running and gotten nowhere at this point, so accept it's not happening and divert your attention elsewhere.

Definitely not interested, but you are definitely an option to her. I just think you're making it too obvious dude... Girls don't dig that. I bet if you stopped giving her any attention and had a pretty girl pick you up after work someday, she would be all over you the next day. Now I'm not saying that's something you should do, just trying to make a point.

Also, since you two work together, things are sort of tricky, I mean, she HAS to be nice to you if you're coworkers... and even more if she can benefit from something thanks to your position, which of course might not be the case at all.

She is ignoring your coming on to her, meaning she probably has other guys interested in her... You just gotta find a way to stand out in her eyes.

Thanks for your opinions girls, think i'll hold back from mailing her and see how it goes in person, i suppose if its meant to be, then it will work itself out.