+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Normal for him to withdraw with stressed and depressed

Normal for him to withdraw with stressed and depressed

My boyfriend and I have been together 10 months. 4 have been long distance because he got a real good job out of state and moved, and I stayed where I am for now.

The last week and a half he has been real distant. He is trying to buy a house and I guess it isn't going good. He didn't go into too many details, just that he is having problems with the bank. The few times I've gotten a hold of him, he gives real short answers and doesn't seem to want to talk.

Tonight I text him, and he said he is still waiting to hear from the bank.I asked how he was besides that and he says hanging in there. I asked if everything was ok between us, and he said I've just been really down. Not yes or no. I asked whats stressing him so much, and he said everything had just piling up on him at once.

I left the conversation at if you want to talk I am here from you, but its ok if you want to be left alone and he said thanks. Do men act like this when they are really stressed out and down? I have never seen him act like this in the entire time we have been together. I just want our relationship to be ok, but I can tell he needs his space now and don't want to push it.

Thanks

I'd wait until his financials clear up and just wait to hear from him. If he's having financial problems right now, he'll be dead focused (or dead stressed) about how he can fix it. He probably just doesn't have the time/energy for light conversations.

I get like that too as well. When I'm working on solving or fixing something and then someone (for example, my mom) calls for a small talk or keeps asking me what's wrong, I get very annoyed because I was busy and my train of thought gets interrupted.

And then she takes it like I don't like her anymore or like I'm shunning her, when that's not what I meant at all. I just don't like talking to people when I have stuff to do because it's distracting.

Maybe your boyfriend is like that, too. Just give him some room and see what happens.