+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to overcome depression?

How to overcome depression?

I have few tips on overcoming depression.

1. Look at the brighter side of life. Do not imprison yourself inside the box. Bear in mind that breathing is a sign of hope and braveness. Fight the darkness inside you and move one step forward.
    2. Share you problems. Ask for help and do not think that there is no more solution. Once a challenge has been given to you, believe that you can finish it, id not alone, then with the help of other people.
    3. Do not compare yourself to others. You are unique and beautiful. Do not be insecure. Learn to love yourself. Face the mirror and wear your most beautiful smile.
    Practice it and you'll feel good about yourself.

That all. Continue living and loving.

Look for an inspiration. A better one I mean.

Eat wholesome and keep yourself hydrated: It is crucial that you don't skip meals and also have well-balanced meals containing proteins, fats and carbs. Include fresh fruits and nuts in what you eat, they work as excellent supply of nutrients and detoxing agents. Drink ample water to keep yourself hydrated. Include important vitamins after consulting your doctor.

If you're clinically depressed cliched phrases like "look on the brighter side of life" and "learn to love yourself" are useless. Sometimes you just have to accept that generally feeling miserable is not in your direct control mentally, it's like weather. If you're not going to take drugs to control it (which people tend to do far too quickly nowadays) then there are a few practical things you can do to help - exercise releases endorphins which help ease physiological causes of depression. Going for a walk will help a lot. And, as Jeremiah57 said, eating well.

Try don't thing more and keep your self busy in some work.Because idle mind attacked by depression quite easily and for long term.When i depress i spend more time on my exercise to divert my mind concentration.Think positive and which makes you feel better or happy.Look for an inspiration.
    richy

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eat bananas. Recite the litany (fear is the mind-killer). Those telling you to get busy with work are exactly right. Inaction = fear.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Some types of depression cannot be overcome, but they can be managed. I've been chronically depressed for most of my life and I can tell you, it never completely goes away. It's always in the background waiting for a moment of weakness so it can bite you in the arse again.
    How I cope:
    I avoid negativity as much as I can
    I prefer to laugh than scream these days, and can find humour in most crappy situations.
    I take atleast 5 minutes a day to "stop and smell the roses". I don't always have roses around to smell but I take in the beauty of the sky, the grace in birds flying over head. Stopping to watch an animal do it's thing, often birds. I talk to the yappy maltese terrier named Brutus that doesn't like me as much as I like him.
    It might not seem like much, but that 5 minutes a day is my favourite time, it's my sanity saver. I feel so light and happy. When I feel the crappest, I can bring myself back by reminding myself of those 5 minutes a day.
    I am slowly removing the drama from my life too. Anyone that causes me more stress than it's worth, I ditch. I don't need it.
    I have always been curious, so even at my darkest, I know I will get through it because I just have to know what's going to happen tomorrow. I wasn't always that good at that, but I had a turning point at 16 and since then the curiosity slightly outweighs the darkness. It's not my light at the end of the tunnel, it's my one star in the sky. It keeps me here.

Sorry if I've been too... I don't know. I've had a day full of bad moments, and of course a few good ones.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

It's not nice but can be overcome, I have suffered with it the last few months, first I turnt to alcohol, everyday I would go out with every intention to get so drunk that I would find it easier to sleep and end up sleeping for hours because I was so drunk with a hangover that I could sleep through a whole day not thinking which then sent me a bit mad and ended up ruining something special. Would get drunk and then you think yeah that's the right thing to do but it's not.

I got some councelling and it made me see sense, had someone to open up to, a complete stranger of all people. I decided to join a local gym and swimming club which has really helped as I really do enjoy going and it makes me feel better about myself.

my advice is get a counceller, it's easier to talk to a stranger for some reason and take the time to think about yourself, do what's best for you. If it is regarding a girl/boy just tell yourself that there is someone out there who wil truly appreciate you for who you are. Find something you used to enjoy as a kid, mine was swimming and there was a gym aswell. Fond something that inspires you, it works.

It's not easy to overcome depression but it also not hard to deal with it at the same time. Sleep sometimes cures my depression. Playing games such as computer games or anything that can divert your mind. One best way is to talk to some someone else you deeply know and cares about you. s

If you're depressed, beat up someone smaller than you. That always makes me feel better!
    </snip>

Thanks for the tips.

Ya healthy diet and exercise is a good starting point.

You can overcome depression and anxiety! It's just a state of the mind, change it

Depression is a state of the mind, which can be overcome more easily than you think - if you believe you can! It can often be fueled by all the negativity that surrounds us, too - so raising your awareness on that will greatly benefit you!

Also, try communicating with people, who inspire you, and who believe in you. Avoid people, who try to belittle you or make you feel bad. Look for pages with inspirational images, quotes, and read them daily. Read books that help you get centered on the real things in life (I recommend Don Miguel Ruis, Wayne Dyer, etc.).

Good luck and sincerely hoping you feel better soon! I do have serious experience in the field, feel free to PM me, and I am more than glad to offer more support and advice!

Depression and anxiety are what we humans have in common. Each one of us could experience it and it is our nature. Overcoming depression is not an easy thing if at first, we are not optimistic and we have a weak personality. We need to boost our strength and self confidence. Look for the brighter side. Do the things that can make us happy but we should watch our actions that it could not hurt others also.
    live a meaningful life

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast