+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LF : Updates & changes progress report

- New Activity System Installed!
    - Gallery is back!
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

So what exactly do the 3 coloured bars mean?
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

First is: points. i think you get use it to grab some nice goodies for your account.
    Second is: Level . I think the more active you are, the higher your level. Just like leveling up in game.
    Third is : Average activity gauge system by the server, i think..

lol

I still don't understand what the three bars stand for... what are "points" and how does one get them? What's the point of the bars anyway?

And how exactly does the connection to facebook work? One thing I like about this site is that it's anonymous. I don't want any connection with my facebook account, so I just want to make sure the connection is not automatic, or something.

The point thing is too much. I love gimmicks and addons but the point system is going to reward people by posting on quantity, not quality. Plus it pretty much takes away the seniority of the members who have hundreds, if not thousands of posts accrued. We're all back at "level 1".
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I still don't understand what the three bars stand for... what are "points" and how does one get them? What's the point of the bars anyway?

And how exactly does the connection to facebook work? One thing I like about this site is that it's anonymous. I don't want any connection with my facebook account, so I just want to make sure the connection is not automatic, or something.

It will still use your facebook unless you are login using a fake facebook account..

One way is open up another browser with no active facebook session.. then login using fake facebook account to like the post instead.

So, you can have both mozilla firefox & google chrome browser to work this out.. quite tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    The point thing is too much. I love gimmicks and addons but the point system is going to reward people by posting on quantity, not quality. Plus it pretty much takes away the seniority of the members who have hundreds, if not thousands of posts accrued. We're all back at "level 1".
    I agree. I do feel exactly the same.. i find the points is kind of a 'turn off' at first when it install. lol. Good to hear all the feedbacks. hehe.

What I meant is that I do not want to use facebook - not my real account or any potential fake account - on this site.

My question is: does this website automatically connect to my facebook account if I am logged into facebook while I am on this website? Does any information regarding stuff happening here leak into my facebook account (for example, if I click the "thanks" button, can something like "(my name) has thanked this post" appear on my timeline, or if I post something can it appear on my facebook account that I did) automatically?

And vice versa: does any information on my facebook account appear on this website automatically?

If so, is there a way to turn it off?!

1)My question is: does this website automatically connect to my facebook account if I am logged into facebook while I am on this website? Does
    2) And vice versa: does any information on my facebook account appear on this website automatically?

Nope. LF is not link with facebook in anywhere. The login isn't shared between the two sites..

Ok, that's great then ^_^ thank you!

Most welcome.

- Gender display below 'Join Date' is back! Finally able to figure out this dude is female or male..without guessing so hard.

Actually, along those lines, is it possible to add an optional "Age" and "Relationship Length" box for new posts? Most of the time new posters do not put this data up and it is vital to being able to help a lot of people.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Another question (sorry for bothering you so much!), is there a problem with the "edit" function, or is it my browser somehow? Sometimes the button disappears and I can't edit my posts.

Age will be display (got to go to profile and re-update your date of birth in order for it to display )

As for "Relationship Length", is it your current relationship length? not very sure what is this for..

New [URL="http://www.loveforum.net/forums/44-Love-Quotes"]love quotes[/URL] section!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast