+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want to change !

FAQ is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    First of all, you´re not lazy, you just can't find any motivation or challenge in what the world offers. I read a book called Alkuajatus (it's Finnish for the original thought) and according to it we forget our own original thought since we learn (and often are forced to) to live our life based on outer thoughts. This original thought, the original will, is something everyone has, but it has been more or less forgotten. The book describes how you find your own true will and it's the only thing that gives you the satisfaction and challenge you long for.

I have managed to reveal a lot of outer thoughts that I had, and as I grew more conscious of my own will, my motivation grew instantly. Alkuajatus really works, I recommend you find out more. The book can be found in 3 languages, also English, and the English title is Alkuajatus - The Original Thought. You can find out more about it on google. Good luck!

Once you begin it will become habitual.

Hi Alban, change comes from acceptance (including the laziness).

It feels to me like you are hard on yourself all the time - which is hugely energy draining (consider that you aren't lazy, just tired from being so hard on yourself all the time).

Consider getting a medical check up too - there may be a medical issue like low blood sugar or something.

As to the changing. Are there things you are naturally attracted to and find easy to do? Are there things that you feel energised when you do them? Is there stuff that just drains the life out of you while you are doing it? These things are key.

A common problem is that we judge negatively what we do enjoy: eating good food, chatting to friends, going for walks. Instead it is possible to value what gives us life (even if others regard it as trivial) and then get on with doing what we have to do that we don't enjoy. And then find ways to move to doing more of what we love.

Your laziness may be because you need to give yourself a break. The parts you dislike probably are trying to do something good for you.

I realise this may be a new way of thinking. I hope it makes sense for you. I am happy to say more if you think it would be valuable.
    </snip ->

Tip: Picture yourself being that "better guy" and start doing it, it doesn't have to be all at once. Just take your time to change bit by bit and you'll eventually get there!

Thread from June 2012, closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12