+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Depressed

Chris0516 Guest

Depressed

A woman I have known for ten years, says she has always held secret affections for me, as I have for her. I am in a second disappointing relationship in those ten years, and she has been through three. When either one of is resistant about telling the other something, or we don't feel it is important, we press the other one for info. That is the sort of unwritten agreement we have had with each other. We have even talked about the fact of my being American, and she is Canadian, in reference to, if by chance we were to get together. If I were to move up there, I would need some sort of permanent residence status. Otherwise, I would get 'deported' back to the U.S. in thirty days. Because, Becoming a citizen of Canada is harder after 9/11.

Dating with another country is hard or even impossible,
    but I guess you can't really forget about her..

What about you going there for a month, see how it goes, maybe find a job there.
    I don't think is that hard, I had a BF who did it with his former GF.
    Maybe she can try do the same in the US, even though the living in the US when not a citizen is kinda impossible.
    You can try register for a school there or something
    http://nocastnoshadow.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cast no shadow View Post

What about you going there for a month, see how it goes, maybe find a job there.
    Maybe she can try do the same in the US, even though the living in the US when not a citizen is kinda impossible.
    Same advice from me there.

If you want to be with her badly then go to the maximum effort you can to be with her.

Good luck and hope you two can be together.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0516 View Post
    A woman I have known for ten years, says she has always held secret affections for me, as I have for her. I am in a second disappointing relationship in those ten years, and she has been through three. When either one of is resistant about telling the other something, or we don't feel it is important, we press the other one for info. That is the sort of unwritten agreement we have had with each other. We have even talked about the fact of my being American, and she is Canadian, in reference to, if by chance we were to get together. If I were to move up there, I would need some sort of permanent residence status. Otherwise, I would get 'deported' back to the U.S. in thirty days. Because, Becoming a citizen of Canada is harder after 9/11.
    No you are allowed up to 6 months, all you need is proper US documentation when you get to the border. Here is a Canadian government link to answer your questions better. [URL="http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp"]http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp[/URL]

You can also get in by getting married if things are great with you two after the 6 months.

Chris0516 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cast no shadow View Post

She is Canadian and, I am American. The only problem with my going there and finding a job is, even before my health issues could affect any job I might have, I would need to get a Visa and then, the provincial government would individually determine how long I could stay.

She was engaged to a member of the U.S. Army ten years ago, before he was killed in Fallujah(Iraq) during his second tour of duty there. Where she lives in Saskatchewan, is not the easiest place to get to, if you don't drive.

I definitely can't forget about her, because, of the support we have given each other over the last ten years.

Chris0516 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hat Trick View Post
    Same advice from me there.

If you want to be with her badly then go to the maximum effort you can to be with her.

Good luck and hope you two can be together.
    Thanks, I needed that(seriously)

Chris0516 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You can also get in by getting married if things are great with you two after the 6 months.
    Yes, That I did know. That would clinch it above anything else.

Thanks, I needed that(seriously)
    Glad I could be of help. Hope you get with her and have a long and happy relationship. Keep us informed.

She is Canadian and, I am American. The only problem with my going there and finding a job is, even before my health issues could affect any job I might have, I would need to get a Visa and then, the provincial government would individually determine how long I could stay.

She was engaged to a member of the U.S. Army ten years ago, before he was killed in Fallujah(Iraq) during his second tour of duty there. Where she lives in Saskatchewan, is not the easiest place to get to, if you don't drive.

I definitely can't forget about her, because, of the support we have given each other over the last ten years.

Saskatchewan, despite the crappy weather, and how flat that damn place is, it's a hot spot for new industry....there are plenty of jobs to get into.

Chris0516 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hat Trick View Post
    Glad I could be of help. Hope you get with her and have a long and happy relationship. Keep us informed.
    I hope so, too.

Chris0516 Guest
    Saskatchewan, despite the crappy weather, and how flat that damn place is, it's a hot spot for new industry....there are plenty of jobs to get into.
    Depending on whether new industry wants to, start there. She keeps telling about how flat it is.

Chris0516 Guest
    One thing she is doing, that is driving me batty, is her mood swings. One minute she will be angry at everyone she knows, and being suicidal. The next minute, she will be happy to talk to me.

She is bi-polar and should be seeking therapy. Here is a link that will help you understand the disorder. [URL="http://www.cmhagrb.on.ca/dnn/Publications/FactSheets/ManicDepression/tabid/161/Default.aspx"]http://www.cmhagrb.on.ca/dnn/Publications/FactSheets/ManicDepression/tabid/161/Default.aspx[/URL]

Chris0516 Guest
    She is bi-polar and should be seeking therapy. Here is a link that will help you understand the disorder. [URL="http://www.cmhagrb.on.ca/dnn/Publications/FactSheets/ManicDepression/tabid/161/Default.aspx"]http://www.cmhagrb.on.ca/dnn/Publications/FactSheets/ManicDepression/tabid/161/Default.aspx[/URL]
    I was starting to think the same thing. Because, My (ex)fiance was diagnosed Bi-Polar II in '99(but should have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder). Her mood swings seem to indicate a mental health issue, 'below the surface'. That she hasn't told me about. It also makes me wonder about her 5yr. old daughter having the same thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast