+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys: Rekindling a relationship/letting someone "win" you back. Is it possible?

Guys: Rekindling a relationship/letting someone "win" you back. Is it possible?

Oh, broken hearts forum,

When the question comes up of how a person can "win someone back", I always give the advice that sometimes you can and sometimes you can't. I follow the rule of giving a person their space when they ask for it and letting them come around when they are ready. IF they ever are ready. While every relationship is different, I often find myself going against my own advice or even asking if it is good advice afterall. Can you really win someone back? Guys out there....I ask, under what circumstances would you consider taking someone back if you were the one to end things? Let's say, there was no spark, or you got scared, or a million other reasons had you feeling like ending a relationship...do you ever consider that maybe you made the wrong decision? And was there ever a moment where a girl you ended things with did something or said something that made you think "Wow, I really messed up. I should have kept her"? What is it?

Guys usually end it because they have found a hotter chick to bag...unless you spend 20 G's on a new boob job yer out of luck.

Well, mine are fine, thanks Smackie. But for others out there...maybe not. That cannot be the only answer for the hundreds of men and women wondering that same thing though...

Are you still hung up on this guy that dumped you? Listen, when we (a guy) discard a girl, it's permanent. Some guy's hang on to numbers and toy with ex's for booty calls and the like, but once that 'feeling' is gone, it's gone, sorry. It's not easy to find someone new and move on, but you will, eventually.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

I'm an old fart of 48 and have NEVER got back with somebody. NEVER EVER. And I suspect I'm not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    Are you still hung up on this guy that dumped you? Listen, when we (a guy) discard a girl, it's permanent. Some guy's hang on to numbers and toy with ex's for booty calls and the like, but once that 'feeling' is gone, it's gone, sorry. It's not easy to find someone new and move on, but you will, eventually.
    No, Haxan, I am not. But thank you.

Settle down, Tiger. There's just a trend in your threads. I hate to see you waste so much time and energy on someone that doesn't want you.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    I'm an old fart of 48 and have NEVER got back with somebody. NEVER EVER. And I suspect I'm not alone.
    I'm an olde farte of 43 and I have... but not since I was 15.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Slim to none if it was an adult breakup related to incompatibility. People don't really change. Ask anyone who has gotten back with an ex it almost never works.

Unless the breakup was due to something else (moving away to school, job, parents interfering), then it might work.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh