+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love as a mental problem

Love as a mental problem

Have you ever heard that love may be a mental problem, the so called [URL="http://www.seo-forum-seo-luntan.com/love/love-is-a-mental-disorder-%27f63-9%27/"]F63.9[/URL]? I would like to show you an interesting science link about the BRAIN and the love:
    ted.com/talks/helen_fisher_studies_the_brain_in_love.html

(Probably there will be your native language available, the original language is English).
    You may share your opinion, I am interested in this matter.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, it makes you temporarily insane so you reproduce. I agree. I think marriage should be more like a business partnership. Respect, teamwork, equitable division of labour towards goals (however you want to count it). If you enjoy each other's company and have compatibility (intellectual, sexual, emotional), I see attraction as a natural extension.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

wtf is equitable division of labour towards goals? is this where im going wrong?
    Last edited by iamaninnocentma; 29-06-12 at 11:27 AM. Reason: fckd up original post

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm tired and used too many words to describe something simple. It just means dividing the work to reach common goals, in a way that everyone agrees is fair. Teamwork. He cuts the lawn so she can enjoy sunbathing, she bakes cookies so he enjoys getting fat. That kind of thing.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I like that study. It's good to have more developed psychology/science of love. It's important.