+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being the less successful one

Your boyfriend's a "daddy" type guy. He takes the responsibility and treat you like his daughter. Hence, the trouble you meet with your boyfriend now is the same with the trouble you met with your parents when you was teenager. You want him to respect you, trust you... like you wanted your dad to respect you in the past. So, solve this problem like what you did to get along with your parents. Don't try to change him if you don't want to make the same mistake. Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by VA-girl View Post
    My credit isn't perfect anymore, and I am not always on time when I go places
    If he's going to marry you, your credit will affect his, so I don't blame him for being concerned, and I also like to be on time. Quite honestly, you would drive me crazy, probably to the point that it would be a bad idea for me to marry someone like you.

If you want to marry HIM, maybe you should just pay your bills on time, and show up where you are supposed to be on time? Why is that so hard?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Don't get married and just live common in law and that should protect each other's assets, depending on the laws in your area. If you marry, have a prenup made up. Have separate bank accounts, and have one joint account for just paying the bills. You both put in equal amounts monthly into the joint account, and set it up to have the bills automatically paid. As for the separate accounts, whatever money you make is yours, and he has his, so there will be not excuse to fight over money.

He should respect you more than now he does. If you made enough accomplishment and you have a great career, doesn't he realize how much you worth?

Despite he is showing that he cares about you, I think his actions are rude and he's trying to control you.

I think he probably could feel jealous because your career is better than his.

Make yourself respect, and talk to him very seriously.

Love is trust. Trust and respect.

Don't forget that.
    "Hope is based on what we unknow, what is everything. Hopelessness is based on what we know, what is anything."

Please, I hope you excuse my mistakes. Don't forget I'm only an intermediate student of your language. But, in order to improve, I'm trainning hard!

I think a good chat would do wonders. The intentions are most important. Sometimes we want to just help because we love and care but it can be perceived differently in others eyes.
    I give way to an elderly lady to cross the road but the car behind is in a hurry so he beeps his horn in anger. !!??
    Are we prepared to change the way we do things (for better) as much as we want people to change?

It will be ok, stand up for yourself and talk it out!

I understand where you're coming from. I've been there before, on both sides! Haha It's that a majority of relationships end due to financial issues. So getting your understanding down on this topic is very important. I would have a casual chat w/ him and let him know it bothers you the way he checks up on you, and ask if you could have a month to handle things on your own, and if you can't keep up, then you would appreciate his help. But he has to step back and let you try it on your own if he respects you. I got some advice for my relationship on this website my cousin told me about where you can chat free with relationship experts. The link is wizpert.com/amforum Check it out! They may be able to help more. The guy I talk with is called Jc if you can find him. Best of luck to you!!

Take care,

Stacy

Hello,
    I am engaged to a really great guy. He is very responsible in every way. He has great credit, owns his own home, and is always reliable. He is the first guy who I have dated like this in a very long time. I have always been the responsible one in the relationship, and even supported a few boyfriends and friends in the past. My credit isn't perfect anymore, and I am not always on time when I go places, even work, though it's not a huge deal at the company I work for. My problem is that my fiance thinks it's a huge deal, and doesn't trust me to pay my own bills or go to work on time. He constantly asks me when i'm leaving for work, questions me if I leave late, opens my bills, and asks me if I have been paying things. Am I wrong to be annoyed about this? I feel like it comes from a good place, but I want him to respect me enough to know that I can handle things on my own. If I am vague, he says that I am making things up or lying, which really upsets me because it's none of his business to begin with, and even more so, I do not lie, and don't like being accused of it. Do you all have any opinions or advice to share with me?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by stacylynn View Post
    I understand where you're coming from. I've been there before, on both sides! Haha It's that a majority of relationships end due to financial issues. So getting your understanding down on this topic is very important. I would have a casual chat w/ him and let him know it bothers you the way he checks up on you, and ask if you could have a month to handle things on your own, and if you can't keep up, then you would appreciate his help. But he has to step back and let you try it on your own if he respects you. I got some advice for my relationship on this website my cousin told me about where you can chat free with relationship experts. The link is wizpert.com/amforum Check it out! They may be able to help more. The guy I talk with is called Jc if you can find him. Best of luck to you!!

Take care,

Stacy
    Stop spamming other websites ass.

Hello,
    I am engaged to a really great guy. He is very responsible in every way. He has great credit, owns his own home, and is always reliable. He is the first guy who I have dated like this in a very long time. I have always been the responsible one in the relationship, and even supported a few boyfriends and friends in the past. My credit isn't perfect anymore, and I am not always on time when I go places, even work, though it's not a huge deal at the company I work for. My problem is that my fiance thinks it's a huge deal, and doesn't trust me to pay my own bills or go to work on time. He constantly asks me when i'm leaving for work, questions me if I leave late, opens my bills, and asks me if I have been paying things. Am I wrong to be annoyed about this? I feel like it comes from a good place, but I want him to respect me enough to know that I can handle things on my own. If I am vague, he says that I am making things up or lying, which really upsets me because it's none of his business to begin with, and even more so, I do not lie, and don't like being accused of it. Do you all have any opinions or advice to share with me?

Thank you!

He is certainly over doing things but on the other hand, he could just simply be concerned because if he is going to marry you, what you do, the way you handle your finances will affect him as well and both of you as a family.

I suggest that you sit him down and talk, that’s just about the best thing you two can do right now. I mean, if you two can’t talk about your issues now then I bet you when you get married talking will be a problem and when that happens you can guess what follows next. So just talk, but if he persists and keep acting the way he does then you have to sit down and ask yourself if that kind of behavior is what you want for the rest of your life. You would want to make sure that you can bear it for that long.

I always believe that there is a price to pay for everything. When you analyze the price you have to pay for anything then ask yourself if you can deal with it and be able to live with the consequences of paying that price, that way you are prepared and you know what you are up against. Then go on and live your life and make the most of it.

Wish you the best

Choose your path and work the path, never quit until things start working, and when things start working, work the path some more. But most importantly, choose wisely and carefully.
    Last edited by Ejeks; 01-11-12 at 09:51 AM.

My brother is like this, annoying as hell! But it's true that the intentions are the most important thing. And try not to pay much attention to the fact that you earn more than him, it's not about the money. In no shape of form it should get you respect

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12