+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help me reach an epiphany

Help me reach an epiphany

Hello lovely people, I would very much like some advice as to what direction to take in these circumstances

A little bit of background about us, I am a rather cynical 19 year old guy, quite rowdy with the guys but have a bad habit of being docile around girls.
    She is 18, and doesn't exactly stand out in a crowd, looks quite meek and timid but is quite bubbly and bright when you get to know her. But inside she is actually quite unconfident and pessimistic.

I have known her for 2 years. Early last year she was asked out by some other guy, I never really thought anything of it at the time. We talked every so often but I always considered her quite plain until this year where we shared many classes. She helped my with an assignment and we started talking HEAPS a few weeks ago (almost every day) and I felt that I really, really liked this girl. We are quite close friends now.

I was quite hesitant to like her at first as she was still in a relationship but eventually I decided to make a move if she ever broke up. This happened not much later (the cause was her parents hating the guts of the other guy). Naturally she talked to me about it and I gave her some genuinely sincere advice about it and trying to get her into activities to take her mind off it, but now I think "what now?"

tl;dr: I've decided to wait a month without bringing up anything about the breakup before I make a move, but what do I do?
    Should I explain my feelings first before I ask her on a date or should I do so after the date? Or is that off the mark complete as we are too close as friends.

Thank you for any advice you can spare

Man ! Dont wait, dont wait , if you do... some other guy will get her , that moves faster then you. Go talk to her in the most romantic and nice way possible and try to kiss her. Do it today. Dont wait, she cant make the first move, she is very shy , you got to make the first move. Think about 3 or 4 romantic things you want to tell her and go for it TODAY , do it. They like it when you spend more time with them like 3-4 hours and then tell her the romantic things and move in for a kiss. Dont wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleed View Post
    Man ! Dont wait, dont wait , if you do... some other guy will get her , that moves faster then you. Go talk to her in the most romantic and nice way possible and try to kiss her. Do it today. Dont wait, she cant make the first move, she is very shy , you got to make the first move. Think about 3 or 4 romantic things you want to tell her and go for it TODAY , do it. They like it when you spend more time with them like 3-4 hours and then tell her the romantic things and move in for a kiss. Dont wait.
    The reason why I am waiting for around a month is because she is not completely over the breakup yet, and also because I gave her some advice about the breakup it would seem like I'm trying to downplay her on purpose if I just make a move straight after.

But I will consider your advice lol I have thought about doing so

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tell her you like her, and when she is ready to start dating, you would like to take her out.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Hmm alright I'll probably have to wait until semester break is over though otherwise we can't really meet face to face without it really being a 'date'

I think bringing it up all of a sudden is not likely to work. The best way for you to do is observe. If she has that extra care thing, or you can feel that there's something that you can expect from her, then go for it.