+ Follow This Topic

Thread: do I get in touch? please advice... maybe from a mans advice?

do I get in touch? please advice... maybe from a mans advice?

[IPlease advice on my situation. I have met a guy we have been in touch by internet 8mths ago.. we have had 2 dates and got on well. He is in the RAF so is away a lot. Let me say this guy..not my usual type.. has blown me away!!.. I cant explain how much he has made an impact on me.. I had the butterflies and think about him loads. I am pretty patient and dont bombard him with txts etc as he is pretty busy too. But he isnt a man who says much on a txt or gives much away when Im with him.. we are flirty witch each other and its clear we fancy each other. I want to txt him so much and say how he makes me feel but maybe its too early after only 2 dates.. but I know men like the chase and so wont txt him much. If I do say hi.. its hours or a day later if he replies.. but thats RAF work so its hard... I saw him last week that night we got pretty close sexualy but didnt have sex.. he had to go away that night so I txt to say had a great time and have a safe flight. I havent heard from him... he asked to take me out when hes back again but he never gets in touch and feel if we have contact it is through me making the effort to say hi.
    Is this man interested and should I txt again or wait??? its driving me mad.. want to txt something flirty but not too heavy and let him know Im into him but dont want to come over as chasing... please help
    [/I]

I would do a back ground check on this guy. Are you positive that this is what he does for a living? or it's what he has told you? How do you know that he is not married or engaged to another woman? Sometimes guys pretend to have a career that takes them out of town a lot to bamboozle women they meet on the net, when actually they are at home with the wife and kids.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I would do a back ground check on this guy. Are you positive that this is what he does for a living? or it's what he has told you? How do you know that he is not married or engaged to another woman? Sometimes guys pretend to have a career that takes them out of town a lot to bamboozle women they meet on the net, when actually they are at home with the wife and kids.
    haha, conspiracy theorist, eh? Me too, most of the time :-)

All things being on the up & up, OP. When I'm working or away, I'm generally busy too, but would enjoy getting texts from someone special, even if I didn't have the chance to respond for a while. Especially flirty, teasing ones :-)
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    haha, conspiracy theorist, eh? Me too, most of the time :-)

All things being on the up & up, OP. When I'm working or away, I'm generally busy too, but would enjoy getting texts from someone special, even if I didn't have the chance to respond for a while. Especially flirty, teasing ones :-)
    Yes, most people (not just men) enjoy the ego boost of someone chasing them when they haven't had to do a thing except try to get into each others pants.

OP: You know nothing about this guy. Two dates and you're even willing to do all the chasing when he's put no effort in at all. He knows how you feel because you reciprocated his sexual advances. That's all you know about each other ~ that you're ready to ****.

Why don't you slow yourself down and figure out who this guy is before you schtuuup and foreplay yourself into a booty call. If all you want is sex then you're going about it the right way by chasing a guy that puts little effort into reciprocating. If you want more than a casual sexual relationship where he's the prize that you are forever longing to be with while he makes you wait, then I suggest you cool your jets and let him do some of the reaching out. The wait will enable you to unsteam from his advances so that you can put some logical thought into how little this man reaches out to you.

He is in the RAF..I have been to his house and seen all his photos plus we are on each others face book and lots of pics in his uniform etc. I only have txt him a couple of times as dont chase and as for sleeping with him, no and we both said we wouldnt yet..
    But he hasnt said how he feels towards getting to know me either but has asked to see me when hes back next weekend. I guess now I play the waiting game and yes I agree if he was into me, he would have made some contact even from his base.

Since he has such a busy schedule I can't see him being interested in anything more than casual dating and a sleep over one in awhile. You have to look at the big picture here, what are your expectations in a relationship? If seeing someone once or twice a month isn't for you then I suggest you keep looking. Going on feelings alone is frivolous. Wake up has a point in that last statement....when a man wants to be serious he will make the steps to do so and since he hasn't that should tell you which way this is going.

You just have to get over how you feel and to do that you have to make it happen. And make it worth it so that next time you wont be craving for sweets.

If a man is keen he'll find time regardless of how 'busy' he is.

I have to agree.. he would make the time.. after all, I like him and I'm making the effort so his part of not making an effort is telling me a lot.

thanks

update... he uses whats app. as this tells you what time they are last logged on, I messaged him as he was on there yesterday. I had nothing back.
    when I was with him last week and was leaving, he asked me to txt to say I was home safe but he wouldnt reply as he was gonna be in bed as leaving early for a flight back to base. I understood that. I think I sent a sweet txt and expected at least some reply once he was free to do so.. but nothing.
    So looking at it, I think this guy isnt interested in me despite asking to take me to dinner when he comes back.. I doubt I will hear again
    thanks for your replies everyone.. Its been a long time since any guy gave me the feelings he did and its clear he didnt/doesnt feel the same.. my loss I guess