+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 1 year and 1 day

1 year and 1 day

for a year my mid-20's boyfriend and i have been dating, actually, as of yesterday. we've had many many ups and downs and throughout all the chaos my mother has been a constant support for me. i remember once asking her if my father and her faught as much as we did and she replied no, and that no one should argue that much or have as many problems as we did. she is also my best friend who i confide in when i do not know where to turn but i stumbled upon this site and thought id give it a try.

so back to the boyfriend chaos. our major fights seemed to be the subject of one thing only...social networking sites... now as an independent, stubborn gal, i dont like being told what to do. my boyfriend, although he will swear up and down, is insecure. i cannot pinpoint his reasons for being so since he claims until he met me, he treated all of his past girlfriends as a pile of crap. i have never once given him a reason to doubt us. i know this, all my friends know this. yet my man seems to think every guy who likes my facebook picture or instagram photo "wants to **** me." supposedly.

now this bit of info i do find not only absolutely ridiculous but hypocritical for my boyfriend to say. he was formerly in a band, so yes, many "band whores" as i like to call them were adding him daily. he accepted them as friends on facebook saying it would "be rude and look bad for the band" if he did anything otherwise. im a pretty careless person and love to show people their place so i took it upon myself to remind those girls through underhand smartass remarks that they couldnt get my boyfriend because i was confident he would stay with me, all the while MANY girls liked his photos and i never mentioned a word or felt insecure (really i just felt they were being disrespectful by trying to privately chat him.)

so the other day a guy from highschool who i havent seen in 2 years since graduating had messaged me last night. we had a constant flirtation our last 2 years of highschool but never dated. im not really sure why either. we were both shy in a sense.. although he always told me i was beautiful and left a note tucked under my windshield wiper when he left early every day his senior year. we used to hug when we parted ways for class. the typical highschool thing.

i guess my question here is if its wrong for me to think i could potentially have something with him now that we are older? i love my current boyfriend but gave him an ultimatum last week stating if he didnt get over his issue with facebook i couldnt do it, couldnt defend myself for no reason, anymore. is my mom right in saying maybe its not meant to be, that although hes got a great heart in the end he does have some sort of issue? were in a long distance relationship and ive come to notice that when we really are side by side there are zero issues with us. he treats me wonderfully, a true gentleman, and we have the same interests. its when we are apart that sometimes things go sour. i dont know if i should leave everyone in my tracks, or was someone else was meant to be?...

We make our own stories no matter what the outcome it is our responsibility to make things happen. Relationship is just a matter of give and take. You don't have to be harsh if its really not that big of an issue. If the situation requires for you to adjust then be it, don't hold back for the better.