+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend is away!

My girlfriend is away!

Hi everyone.

Okay so I have been with my girlfriend now for about 3 months, she is 20 and I am 23 and on Monday she went on holiday with some friends and is away for two weeks. I've known about the holiday for a while and wasn't bothered about her going in the slightest - I would never stop her from doing anything (not that type of guy). Anyway I thought I'd cope well with it and would be able to keep my mind off her but a few days before she went we had sex for the first time in our relationship which only made us both feel closer to each other and have stronger feelings - but this seems to have made me miss her so much more, I know absence makes the heart grow fonder so I guess that's good. Basically I'm looking for some advice on if I should contact her or wait for her to contact me? We can't text or call that much coz it costs a fortune but do you think me sending her messages telling her I miss her makes me appear needy and a bit pathetic?

Just looking for a bit of advice on the communication aspect of this two weeks apart. I've never had a problem communicating with her while she's been in the UK but as it's our first time apart it's proving somewhat difficult.

Thanks in advance.

She's your girlfriend, if you contact her telling her that you miss her it's not needy, it's sweet. As long as you don't call her every hour or something, I'd say call her once a day or once every 2 days and text when you both can throughout the day, if it's OK with her. It works for my bf and I when we are away from each other.

YES I KNOW I'M NOT A FEMALE AND AM IN THE WRONG PART OF THE FORUM,
    Dude, I totally get you. I believe that even if you tried something pathetic and bugged her a lot during the time shes away, shes not gonna mind. Its not like shes a hooker, you guys have a genuine relationship so shill understand. But from a more strategic point of view because its not easy keeping a relationship, word your messages carefully. Dont say stuff like, I miss you so damn much come back right now, send her a message asking her "How are you doing?" thats it, or "Hope its going good". Send her something like this every day for 3 days, then do alternate days and towards when shes coming back offer to pick her up or ask her how shes getting back. Subtle and Strategic. When you guys get together all close and hugging and stuff, then say whatever the hell you actually feel (VERY IMPORTANT, YOU'LL GET NOWHERE IF YOU DONT SHARE YOUR REAL FEELINGS AT SOME POINT BUT THEY SHOULD ONLY BE SHARED IN YOUR FACE TO FACE PRIVACY, THAT MAKES IT EFFECTIVE). Dont bug her on her trip, itll make you look like a psychopath. I mean I dont know what your girlfriend is like but she could want to expect the "please call me every second" thing from you but its better to play it safe. Youve got some real "love-relationship" type of sex so dont risk that. No, I'm not really a hooker enthusiast, thanks for asking.
    Last edited by libran; 06-07-12 at 06:42 AM.

Agree with Searock. I bet she's dying to hear from you, so just text her to say you're missing her loads and you can't wait to see her again. A few texts here is fine - a few million isn't.

Yeah text her a really nice message as I am sure she is missing you equally as much. Don't overdo it though but two weeks is a long time so once every few days is nice so she knows that you are thinking of her