+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Edit function?

Edit function?

What happened to it? Why can't we edit or delete our posts anymore?

Hello,

Editing of old post will be disallow after 10min. Reason is to fight against spammer who tend to re-edit old post to add in their spam website link.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Oh, ok... isn't there another way around this? I often make mistakes in my posts that I would like to correct later on. But I understand if it's not possible.

Could we at least have the delete function back?

Thank you for all your work, sorry if I'm being such a pain in the ...!

i have increase the time limit for post edit from existing 5min to a day (24 hours) .

As for delete function, i think you can delete post/thread, by default..

Hope this helps.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Thank you for extending the time limit :-).

Hmm. How can we delete posts/threads? When the edit function is on, to delete a thread we have to click on "Administrative" on the bar above the opening post (the button between "Thread tools" and "Search thread"). However, when the edit function is off, this button disappears. As for simple posts, to delete them we have to click on the "Edit post" button and then select "Delete post", but obviously such button disappears when the edit function is off.

I only bring this up because I am a very private person, and I like the idea that anything personal I write on this site, I can delete whenever I want (I'm pretty sure many other people feel the same way). There are threads I wouldn't have opened in the first place, had I known I wouldn't have been able to delete them later on.