+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need something special

Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    Unless there were only one school in the world and it were in the US, and even then she has no excuse to gamble with the relationship. Obviously this relationship is an addition to her collection of accessories. Sorry to say, this is not a stable one.
    You just do not understand. We are young, she has been with me since she was 16. I have no problem if we spend 12 months apart if it means we spend the rest of our lives together. I am not an 'addition to her collection of accessories', I would rather you not pretend to know what is happening. We are still going to be communicating whilst she is overseas, we will just not have the committment there, it is too difficult. And I agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by shupe View Post
    we will just not have the committment there, it is too difficult. And I agree with that.
    So does this mean that if she has sex whilst she's away you're cool with that? And vice versa?
    I worry that if either of you has a physical relationship with another person during this period then it will be almost impossible to pick up the threads as if nothing had happened. Are you both prepared for that?

Yes, it will be a very difficult situation, I wont deny that. But if anything happens, then we deal with it then. No need to worry about what MIGHT happen. We are both not people who are going to actively seek other partners, but who knows what will happen. I am a positive person and I will remain positive throughtout the experience, a few comments here have been about situations that have not even happened, thus I don't feel the need to address them.

Yes we are both prepared for the occasion that this could happen, neither of us are denying the possibility. I like to think I know people, I am going into my honours year of a psychology degree. I'd like to think that upon return we will both give it our best shot. If it is not meant to be, then so be it.

I'm a positive person too. Positive that you are too gullible for this relationship to work out. I hope it doesn't happen for your sake, but I almost guarantee it you will be back here, this time in the Broken Hearts section. Good luck.

This is just another on of life's cycles that will be ending and the start of a new one. Being apart and wanting to experience life is typical of someone going into adulthood. I'm on her side and that this is her chance to do something for herself, and this is the right time in her life to do it. You are young only once, and being tied down in a relationship isn't for everyone. This is the stage, like a butterfly leaving it's cocoon, where there are big changes about to happen. Don't look at this as a bad thing but an opportunity to take on new challenges and experiences yourself. You are free to do whatever you want. Of course for the first month of so you will miss having her around but you will start to fill your time with other things. A lot can happen in 12 months so who knows where you will find yourself. So do what you have to do to push your way through this, and get ready to enjoy a new journey.

its over, you wont see her once shes gone. sorry if she wanted to be with you she'd stay or take you with.

Don't give her anything, and definitely do not give her a promise ring. A promise ring people?? Seriously, that was your advice? Ridiculous. And pathetic.

Just be there when she leaves, and leave it at that. I'd bet your life that ****s another guy within the first month.

That would have been my advice too BUT this person will not listen to that. He knows the situation, he knows she will probable be out with other guys, and he knows the possiblity of not getting back together....he isn't looking for a lecture, he is well aware. IMO she doesn't need anything yes I agree BUT he just wants to give her somthing nice because he just wants to......so let him it's his life.

The why the **** is he here asking us what to get her? It's clear this fool wants to give her a reminder of him, not a gift for gift's sake.

If he's going to get something for her, a promise ring is by far the shittiest possible idea. Ever.

OK how about a dozen dead roses? If he wants to do that then he doesn't need to ask a bunch of strangers now does he. The end result is a waste of time but oh well I have to throw a bone to a sad sack once in awhile to make them feel there is some hope.
    Last edited by smackie9; 10-07-12 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    The why the **** is he here asking us what to get her? It's clear this fool wants to give her a reminder of him, not a gift for gift's sake.

If he's going to get something for her, a promise ring is by far the shittiest possible idea. Ever.
    Its clear 'this fool' probably made a mistake by coming onto a forum to ask a simple question. I guess I am the fool.

Nobody here understands the situation and me, being the one in the situation, understands it better than all. I know what's happening, I know what could happen, and I know what the chances are of us continuing in the future. I don't need to justify anything here, I just wanted a couple simple ideas of maybe things other people have got for their partners in the past.

For what it's worth, I am confident of our relationship being a success. 4 years happy and no problems. 12 months off isn't such a bad thing, in both cases. I haven't had a lot of time to spend going out with my mates, doing things males in their 20's should do. Likewise her. If it takes this year for us to both realise that we want to be with each other in the long term, then it is a small price to pay.

Gosh, what a negative forum.

OK then take her to the same place where you had your first date, your first kiss, etc. Make a photo album of the places you spent your happiest times together.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12