+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to get less angry???

How to get less angry???

Hi everyone!

My ex broke up with me a month ago. His genuine reason is that he is really busy, and will only get busier with school, and can't handle a relationship right now. This is the reason he has even told his best friend and everyone, so I believe it. He is 3 years younger than me (he's 23, and I'm 26). So I can see why he is not ready for a relationship, and only wants to focus on getting his phd/ mba.

We both work in the same lab, so I have to see him everyday. We don't work together on a project, but we still have to interact and talk. I find myself getting so mad the more I talk to him. I see him leaving work at 6pm latest...to me, that doesn't appear busy. I feel angry at myself, for breaking my rule of never dating someone from work, and someone who is this much younger, and then getting hurt this way. He pursued me soooo hard when we first started dating, and I feel like shit that I fell for it. I feel like he should NEVER have pursued me if he wasn't serious!! That makes me sooooo angry!! I had very little feelings for him before when we were friends, and it would have stayed like that if he hadn't screwed stuff up!

My best friend actually got together with his best friend, because we introduced them. Those two are still dating. And I get angry because me and my ex were such close friends..and he still had to break up and ruin it...while my best friend is still dating my ex's best friend, and they are actually getting very serious, when they didnt even know each other to begin with. Its like I just didn't deserve that seriousness from my bf.

This is the second breakup that has ended like this for me, and I feel like it is so unfair. All other girls find guys that want a serious relationship...I just seem to have crap luck.

Seeing my ex reminds me of all of this. Of how I give people chances, and get thrown to the side for their careers. I completely am secure in myself, and I can never say its me. Its just my choices/ luck. It still frustrates me to the point where I have to leave the lab to cry in the washroom for a bit to feel less angry.

I still have a few more months before I finish up in the lab. But it is exhausting to feel this way. If anyone has any tips on how to feel better, I would highly appreciate it. Thanks

Hope

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    might he be gay?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

No he's most def not gay. My previous bf may have been questionable, but this was one was def NOT gay. Its just soooo frustrating to be chased soo hard, and then be dumped for absolutely no good reason. And we were really good friends before, so he knew exactly my personality and what he was getting into. He just is that focused on his career and terrible at multi-tasking that he couldn't do this he just shouldnt have started this in that case!!