+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dating Men in their 30's

Dating Men in their 30's

In general, are a fair number of men in their 30's actually interested in having a relationship with someone who is 18 years old? And I mean a serious relationship - not simply "playing around" or having a "fling" of some sort.

I'm an 18 year old college student right now and am interested in dating someone around that age. However, I question whether men who are that old would take a relationship with someone like me seriously. Or even consider it.

Thoughts?

Honestly im 34 and i wouldnt consider having a serious relationship with an 18 year old, it just couldnt work.

i wouldnt even consider if for somthing serious. you have too many years to grow up yet...a good 5-6 in my book. im 28, not 30 but wont bother with anyone under 25.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Half plus seven is the rule. That means the oldest you should be dating (without making him look creepy) is 22.
    22/2 + 7 = 18
    Anyone much older than that who is actually interested in dating you is either a pervert or extremely immature.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

.................double post

(By the way the text stays in the quick reply textfield, is this the browser or the forum format? Or sometimes doesn't show up at all, so you click and it shows up twice...hmn why does it refresh late sometimes? You either see nothing or two posts)
    Last edited by toknow; 08-07-12 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Half plus seven is the rule. That means the oldest you should be dating (without making him look creepy) is 22.
    22/2 + 7 = 18
    Anyone much older than that who is actually interested in dating you is either a pervert or extremely immature.
    I agree.

People sometimes say age shouldn't matter. I disagree though. If there's a drastic age difference then it matters. At least in my opinion. If I may ask, why are you interested in dating a guy that old? I'm 21 and wouldn't date a guy older than 25. I can't imagine a lot of guys that old taking it seriously or really being that interested in dating someone so much younger.

The difference in age is tough, but people have different levels of intelligence and there are cases where an 18 year old would be more mature than a 30 year old. As far as who would want a relationship more, the 30 year old naturally would want a relationship more as they are more ready usually. Also guys your age usually aren't very mature (there are exceptions). It also takes guys longer to mature than girls, so by the time they hit 30 they are almost there...lol.

Do what you decide and don't get discouraged by closed minded comments. It's not popular of course, but if you go with the flow you will drown in it.

Never conform to what society tells you as it is just a charade, a fashion statement which with time is replaced with the next thing to do. They are boundaries placed and sustained by cowards from fear of being different. Look throughout history and at different cultures and you will see a complete 180 in so many aspects of life at different times.

sadie_genie Guest
    Some 18 year olds can reason as well or even better than a 30 year old. But "maturity" is more than intellectual. Older folks live on their own so they have alot more responsibilities than a 18 year old. Having to deal with these responsibilities is what cultivates this "maturity". Of course there are also 30 year olds who haven't matured completely and are still supported by their parents and there are 18 year olds who are completely independent. Those are the exceptions. But unless you are an 18 year old who has her own career/full time job, financially independent, and handles all of your responsibilities without the support of someone else, I wouldn't say you as are mature as most 30 year olds.
    Last edited by sadie_genie; 18-07-12 at 10:59 AM.

I'm 48 and I would consider dating a 30year old lol.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    22/2 + 7 = 18
    Think im a pervert or extremely immature then.

The problem with men that are over the age of 30 is, they would rather sit and watch sport and scratch their balls than walk in the park with some bird. A man reaches his sexual peak at 18 and then after that its all downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Can Dance View Post
    In general, are a fair number of men in their 30's actually interested in having a relationship with someone who is 18 years old? And I mean a serious relationship - not simply "playing around" or having a "fling" of some sort.

I'm an 18 year old college student right now and am interested in dating someone around that age. However, I question whether men who are that old would take a relationship with someone like me seriously. Or even consider it.

Thoughts?
    What is the appeal that you have with 30? I'm going into my late 20's now and I don't see myself dating something that just turned "legal". Really, that would not work. By the way, once you turn 21, you will realize how much youth you missed out. Wait until you turn 21 and then ask us again how you feel.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Hahahahah, i see you dont want to believe it. But its for 99.9 % for their young pussy!!

And for their innocence! Cause they can make them believe or do a lot.
    While if their wasn't naif they would say no to it.

You are so young kid, why would you waste your time with a old bastard?

I always asked myself what do a old men thinks that a 18 years old can offer him?
    For real!

Cuase last time i check, a 18 years old barely knows how live works, have no serious job, doesn't make much $ eater, have other type of conversations and interested,
    and is in a age that they supposed to make it happen.

While the older men already had it all!

Like what are you 2 going to talk about? About Justin Insurance? or the new Justin Weber cd?
    And he will want to have kids cause his clock is tikking. Do you want that?
    Are you prepared for when he leaves you pragnant/? Do you have a job and your own place to go to?
    or are you gonna to run back to mammie?
    Come on!!!!!!!!!!! Wake up!

naif=naive

It just all depends on so much...I would think the 30yr old might be a bit of a perv lol. He prob. just want to have sex with you...what older guy doesn't want young virgin puss at least once?

When I was 21 I met this 32yr old and I really liked him. I met him when I was living away from home for the summer...I just had a fantasy about being with an older more experienced man and that was pretty much all the attraction was. He was too chicken to make any moves though lol. Then we were walking down the street one night and some guy said to him "He man, when did you get out of jail haven't seen you in a while?". I never talked to him after that.

Most 30 year olds I have met that have been happy to be in relationships with teenagers have been unemployed bums, usually with drug problems. My hubby is 32. I know if he was single and had the chance he would happily sleep with an 18 year old but he would not have a relationship with her. Most single guys we know are looking to settle down and do the home and family thing, not entertain a teenager who is unlikely to really know what she wants yet. I'm not trying to put you down but look at it this way, how different were you when you were 6? The changes in those 12 years would have been different to the changes that someone experiences between 18 and 30, but none the less, the changes are significant. I bet when you were 6 you were dreaming of something completely different to what you are now. I'm sure there is very little that you do now that you did as a kid. By the time you're 30 the same thing will happen.

Don't be in such a rush to grow up. It seriously happens to fast as it is, and an older man that would date you is likely to try and make you grow up faster than natural. Enjoy your youth. Don't throw it away on an old man.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast