+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did I mess up or was she really just tired? Think my chances are blown with her?

Did I mess up or was she really just tired? Think my chances are blown with her?

Yesterday we were talking and she was ‘tired’ and all that so I asked if she wanted me to let her go, she replied ‘your choice’. I then said ‘your the one who will have to put up with me’, to which she said ’so?’. I continued to talk and what not but in about an hour I asked her ‘Are you enjoying talking today or do you need some time to yourself?’, she said ‘I think I need time to myself’. I then said ‘Well do you want to come up with times that we can talk at and for how long?’ (We established that we liked each other and will see each other on Sunday), to which she said ‘Why?’. My response was ‘Unless you like talking for as long as we can when we can’, to which she said ‘not really’. After which I said ‘What do you propose? I remember you saying that just cause we like each other doesn’t mean we need to talk a lot’, then she said ‘Yeah I think I will chill by myself til Sunday’. I of course apologized with ‘Ok…Sorry if that was a bit much…’. Just so you know she lives a ways away, about 200 miles. Did I do something or is it possible she is confused about liking me? She told me that she basically never got over me and that she hid how she felt by dating other guys inorder to feel like she was over me, we have known eachother like 5 years and dated once 2 1/2 years back long distance. We have a very long history and I want to get this entire situation straight. Do you think she was just tired and slightly annoyed at me? Do you think my chances are blown? We talk periodically throughout the day but I haven't texted her since yesterday evening when she said she wanted time to herself til Sunday.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you have to learn the art of leaving them wanting a little more. You let this conversation carry on for far too long. Lengthy conversations are meant to be done face-to-face; leave the phone calls for making plans.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

It sounds like you are boring the hell out of her to be brutal.

I think the "Lets structure our conversations" thing could also be interpreted as weird. See how Sunday goes.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

She was tired and your playing the thinking game. Well tell us what happens on sunday.

Personally, you seem as though you're far too needy. Plus the scheduled times etc do seem a bit weird. Why not just be spontaneous, "Ay, come see me in 2 days. We'll have fun " then leave it as that. If she says "Yeah okay sure " then by all means tell her where to meet you and the times etc. But don't carry on repeatedly saying "Yeah, we'll go [place]" "Oh and then after we can go to [place] if you want, but you don't have to?" That all sounds a bit too clingy. Just a nice simple text, make the plans in your head then when you meet up and you're face to face just say "We're going [place], let's go. Adventure time!" she'll love you for it